new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats up? thought i say hi...hi. got a black 04 limited. its pretty sweet...and i like modding it. :)

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks! heres some pics:

Attachments

• 2010-08-18 15.57.51.jpg
    2010-08-18 15.57.51.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2010-08-18 15.58.11.jpg
    2010-08-18 15.58.11.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mods are:

5k hids low beams and fogs
k&n intake
bored tb
jba catback with a magnaflow muffler (the magnaflow sounds and flows better than the jba, like way less drone)
ipod adapter to stock radio
6.5" alpine type-s speakers all around
stock tweeters cause they dont make tweeters that size

pics of the tb and hids:

Attachments

• 0609100646-00.jpg
    0609100646-00.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 0609100644-00.jpg
    0609100644-00.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 0703100539-00.jpg
    0703100539-00.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 11

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the more i look at this forum...the more i realize i dont belong here lol. im like the only one not into making it go through mud or anything off road. im more of a "i want this jeep to way faster than its suppose to" kinda guy. got a bored tb, 2 1/4" catback with a magnaflow muffler, a k&n intake, and im about to get it tuned. also found some shorty headers id like to get eventually too. thats just how i roll. :) wouldnt mind lowering it either for the looks but im not sure i want a worse ride though cause the seats arent exactly the most comfortable lol.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. You can get decent power from this engine, but because of the design of the pistons (if I remember correctly) they just can't take much.

If you want to be different you can put a 4cyl in the kj. You will need a standalone ecu and I am not certain on the ******, but the 2.4 from the srt4 would be great if you want to make it faster, have the money to do it, and want to keep it lighter than stuffing a v8 in her.

Oh, and welcome!

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm not a bad idea on the motor but thats too much work and money lol. i think ill keep it simple since its my dd and i drive a lot of miles.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
the more i look at this forum...the more i realize i dont belong here lol. im like the only one not into making it go through mud or anything off road. im more of a "i want this jeep to way faster than its suppose to" kinda guy. got a bored tb, 2 1/4" catback with a magnaflow muffler, a k&n intake, and im about to get it tuned. also found some shorty headers id like to get eventually too. thats just how i roll. :) wouldnt mind lowering it either for the looks but im not sure i want a worse ride though cause the seats arent exactly the most comfortable lol.

You are still welcome here. No problem.

Nice KJ and Saturn Sky.

Dave

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the KJ and Sky look good, and nothing wrong with wanting to go fast!
How is that bored TB working out for you?

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually i want to sell the bored tb and my kandn intake but it wont let me make a new for sale thread. :( any help with that???

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
actually i want to sell the bored tb and my kandn intake but it wont let me make a new for sale thread. :( any help with that???

You need to have 50 posts or more in order to sell in the 'For Sale' section.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Anyone is welcome here but some questions
2 1/4 catback???? Factory is 2.5 inch why go smaller?
K&N will cost you power and horsepower in the end
so two strikes against additional power
headers may help a very small amount but not enough for the money you put out for them really
seats are not all that give a good or bad ride, springs and shocks do as well.

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha, the 50 posts makes sense.

i bought a jba catback cause it was cheaper than the magnaflow and it was 2 1/4" piping. i thought stock piping was 2 1/4" but i doubt it made a noticable difference at our power level if it is smaller. i ended up swapping the droney jba muffler with a magnaflow and its quieter, less droney, and a straight through design which is better for power.

the kandn reduces power? you sure about that?

yeah headers are rediculous pricey which is why i dont have them. not enough bang for the buck.

yeah seats are still crap lol. already replaced the shocks in the back and the shocks and springs up front.

is there anyway to reduce body roll? this thing rolls like a beast lol.