New guy from Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this forum, just signed up today. Im pretty new to the mechanical side of things so I'm looking forward to learing that stuff. I own a red 2005 Jeep Liberty sport, that I've done alot of audio work to, so now its time to make it more Jeepish so I'm gonna tell you what I've done and am looking to do.

Done:
Replaced tail lights with black led taillights
Replaced factory deck with alpine deck
Replaced front and rear speakers with polk audio mm6501s and kaption reference speakers
Installed 1000watt 4 channel amp for speakers
Installed 2 12" subs on 1000watt amp
Installed capacitor for amps
Installed flowmaster delta 40 muffler
Blacked out all of the chome emblems

Looking to do:
install a 2-2.5" suspension lift (so lost on this help wanted on what to choose)
install mopar light bar
install riveted jeep renegade fenders(msg me if selling some or know someone)
looking to get cragar soft 8's and 31" tires for winter once I lift it (guess id have to regear it after that?)
looking to get black 20's for the summer on lp tires
interested in getting a bull bar or brush guard (not sure which yet)
Also looking for lockers all around, however dont know much about them yet..

Looking forward to being on here! :favorites37:

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, what province you in?

You can find answers on all your things you want done here except for 20's and low profile tires.

Lift answers under lift faq, OME is the best choice with a couple tweaks.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Welcome ...

yup settle in to the lift section and read .. and read ... It's only taken me 3 years to decide on and prepare for my lift ... and tires :D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Looking to do:
install a 2-2.5" suspension lift (so lost on this help wanted on what to choose) - OME ...Frankenlift being pre assembled makes it a bit easier to install and source. (from Canada)
install mopar light bar - $$$ and read up on hood glare, I want one too but have learned there may be better options ie mount to a roof rack/basket, LED light bars etc.
install riveted jeep renegade fenders(msg me if selling some or know someone) - stay away from my fenders :D
looking to get cragar soft 8's and 31" tires for winter once I lift it (guess id have to regear it after that?) 245-75 or less and no re-gearing is required... larger than that, opinions vary.
looking to get black 20's for the summer on lp tires - whatever floats you boat :)
interested in getting a bull bar or brush guard (not sure which yet) As long as you are just doing it for appearance go for it. You will loose your tow hooks (if you have them) and it will not offer any protection. Now an ARB that's another animal.
Also looking for lockers all around, however dont know much about them yet..- Many more knowledgeable KJ folks out there that myself on this subject :) :party52:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Weaver. Looks like some of our Canadian members already got to you....:smokin:

Dave

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Ontario and thanks for the info guys, aha Luke I'm coming for yor fenders! Umm I'm gonna get the cragars real soon cuz the stock wheels are going to shit n its driving me crazy so my qestion is I'm gonna be getting them before I do my lift, so whats the biggest tire I can put on them without a lift. 245/75/16 or 245/70/16?

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from Ontario and thanks for the info guys, aha Luke I'm coming for yor fenders! Umm I'm gonna get the cragars real soon cuz the stock wheels are going to shit n its driving me crazy so my qestion is I'm gonna be getting them before I do my lift, so whats the biggest tire I can put on them without a lift. 245/75/16 or 245/70/16?

Welcome from BC!

The cragars will push your wheels out and unlifted you'd be lucky to have no rubbing even with 235/70/16's let alone 245's I think. Keep in mind your stock 2005 suspension will have sagged some. Do tires and wheels all at once with your lift if you can IMHO.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so Ive been browsing around on here and it seems that people have been putting 245/70/16 on stock kjs without any rubbing so Im gonna go that route rather than the 245/75/16, my next question is the rims come in 16x8 with 5 back spacing and 16x7 with 4 back spacing, whats the difference and which would work better? Also I know this isnt in the right spot but which lifts would you guys reccomend for 2.5" of lift.

Latest posts

Members online