new from fredericksburg va

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophyslayer

Banned
Reaction score
great site, very helpfull and informative, I have been busy reading

I have a 02 Renegade

sadly to say the last few years it has been slightly negeleted in the maintance as I had a few battles with cancer

but just finished up with another batch of radiation over thanksging and now getting the Jeep back to getting it in tip top

---------------------

have never had any real problems,

in 07 I replaced the fan blower resistor very easy to do
in 08 I replaced the front speakers as the passenger door was finally blown

and in December 2009 had to replace the speed sensers on the transmission as they were leaking, sadly a few quarts low of fluid before I noticed, but it never over heated and i quickly droped the pan and changed the filters

front pinion seal leak, there again 1 quart low of front dif fluid, but no shavings in fluid

and last but not least I was replacing a wheel stud since the tire shop counter threaded it, and I inspected the wheel cylinder and noticed some fluid behind the rubber boot so i just went to the store and bought new clylinders and fluid

will get that fixed this weekend

also changing the spark plugs as I can not remember ever doing them, having a mechanic that is just starting his own business mess with the plugs since I fear it might be quite a challange as never changing them, or at most only 1x in 115,000miles (bought some Autolight single plats based on the recomendations of this site)

I just finished a few weeks ago the rear diff and transfer case, both were fine on fluid and drained and filled the radiator in Dec 09 and again in Feb2010(only 2months apart, but I figuered it couldn't hurt)

and feel free to flame away on my poor maintance:(
never remember changing spark plugs, front and rear differential fluid, transfer case, or transmission fluid

only thing I did do is oil every 3,000 miles

all is done now, except for spark plugs which will be hopefully this weekend

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome)

Welcome to the site man. Stay strong. I could care less about your maintenance, you seem to have had plenty more important stuff to take care of first.

trophyslayer

Banned
Reaction score
well got the spark plugs changed with out too much problem, the one took a little work, and after removing I find out they were Original plugs that had 112k miles on them the gap was between .082-.91 so was ready to be changed,
changed the wheel clynders with out a problem, then went to flush the brake lines and 3 of the bleeder nipples had no problems, but the last one(front passenger tire), woundn't move, and since I didn't have another caliper with me I didn't want to break it, I just left it go, and while i was at it I changed the pcv valve too, when shook the rattle is happened but was ratther sluggish sounding

and all I need to do now is my Power Steering Fluid , it originally came with mopar Power Steering Fluid but they recomend putting atf+4 in it now if you do a complete flush, but the return line for the Power Steering Fluid seemed like more work to get at to do a full flush then I wanted to do, so i am just going to suck out old fluid buy some freash Power Steering Fluid refill, start engine, turn wheel back and forth, and repeat a few times

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome trophyslayer. There is a lot of good info and people on this site. Enjoy.

Keep up the good work on beating the "c" and working on your jeep.

Dave