New for 06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was look at Jeep's website today and noticed they have the 65th Anniversary Editions out now. They appear to be based off the Limiteds, but have unique wheels. They didn't have any pics and no dealers in my area have one to check out.

Also I noticed it said they had power folding mirrors. Does that mean adjustable mirrors that manual fold in, or mirrors the fold in electronically, with the push of a button? I know our friends across The Pond have mirrors that fold in with the push of a button, have they brought it over here?

2003KJ

Reaction score
I believe they have....one of the perks to the 65th anniver. ones.

On another note, I was building one the other day on the Jeep site and it appears that now Selec-Trac comes ONLY with the 545RFE Automatic (for the new people, the 5 speed automatic), and the Command-Trac comes ONLY with the 42RLE Automatic (4 speed automatic).....I thought that was kinda odd....and is the 6-speed available on the Renny's only? This was a sport model I was building.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VTNomad said:
Also I noticed it said they had power folding mirrors. Does that mean adjustable mirrors that manual fold in, or mirrors the fold in electronically, with the push of a button? I know our friends across The Pond have mirrors that fold in with the push of a button, have they brought it over here?
I would guess yes, they have added that to the options over here now...

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to Jeeps so perhaps the CRD has a completely different ****** but I am sure mine is a 4 spd. and Selectrac is standard.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power fold away mirrors are standard on all models now including the sport in the US.

jenn158

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get the anniversary edition in leather? I was looking at the limited, but I would rather have the solid color grill versus the chrome grill that is on the limited.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want those power fold away mirrors. People are always bumping into mine. Little Mr, Mrs, I can't park so I'll just bump into your mirror.
Anybody think there's a way to add that to a 02-05?

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mirrors

I was talking with a guy on eBay from the UK, he had a set on there for sale. He said all the was need was a power supply and a switch. Sounds like a piece of cake. I didn't get them because he was asking too much and the shipping was expensive. They'd be great for the narrow parking spaces on campus. Now that they're going to be available over here, I'm going to stalk the junkyards. Anybody want to volunteer to total their 06 without damaging the mirrors?

Anybody have any pics of what the switch looks like on the 06's?

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
I want those power fold away mirrors. People are always bumping into mine. Little Mr, Mrs, I can't park so I'll just bump into your mirror.
Anybody think there's a way to add that to a 02-05?

I'm thinking when it says "Power Heated Fold-Away Mirrors" It's referring to three seperate things, just like it is with the 2005:
1). Power Mirrors, you can adjust the actual mirror glass from inside
2). Heated, it has a coil in them to keep ice off the glass, works great!
3). Fold-Away, you can fold the mirrors in by pushing them.

Having mirrors that are actually motorized to fold themselves in seems like an unnecessary moving part and just something that will break later.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power fold away mirrors are standard on all models now including the sport in the US.

The "Power Fold-Away Mirrors" on my '06 Liberty Limited CRD are "power" heated and adjustable but manual fold.

csvencer

Reaction score
Aniversary Edition vs. Special Edition...

I just picked up a SE about a month ago, what is the difference between the SE and the AE??? Is it me or are there just too many models right now???

-Svence

2003KJ

Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
New to Jeeps so perhaps the CRD has a completely different ****** but I am sure mine is a 4 spd. and Selectrac is standard.

I knew selec-trac was standard, but I believe you have the 545RFE, which is a 5 speed automatic....I don't think the 42RLE could handle the output from a diesel...LOL

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THATS CORRECT!

The mirrors are MANUAL folding.. I was confused by that too!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: THATS CORRECT!

libertydude said:

I'm glad that they are manual, as if they were power, just another thing to break someday, lol! It still amazes me that a car runs as long as it does, with it's (est) 65,000 parts! #-o

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew selec-trac was standard, but I believe you have the 545RFE, which is a 5 speed automatic....I don't think the 42RLE could handle the output from a diesel...LOL

OK, I am old school when an OD was an electric 2 speed axle kind of secondary transmission that was bolted to the back of a 53 Mercury 3 speed manual transmission. If you count OD then the CRD is a 5 speed

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: THATS CORRECT!

grogiefrog said:
libertydude said:

I'm glad that they are manual, as if they were power, just another thing to break someday, lol!

Agreed. I wouldn't want power-folding mirrors. Having them manually fold is nice, though, they fold either way instead of breaking whenever they hit something (tree branch, carwash, etc).

Canyonero02

Reaction score
My wife has an 05 and my sister has an 06. The 06 has a sensor in the front passenger seat that makes the seat belt reminder go off if the front passenger isnt buckled. It also has standard ABS and standard ESP. The 06 also sits about 1/2 inch taller. Both are optioned out the same, just 1 year different.

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In France the 06 get an "anti reversal" system who apply electronic corrections when the sensors detect a risk