New canuck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, been lurking here awhile after inheriting the wife's 02 KJ Sport gasser last spring. My beloved pickup's engine died (when spending more time under than in it - you know the drill) so of course we got her the brand new mall-rated leatherbound SUV at her cousin's Hyundai dealership...:whip:

Couldn't believe how awesome the KJ was through this year's fishing and then hunting seasons on Ontario logging roads and even ATV trails. (Always liked the wheelbase and turning radius - makes up for the tight front seat for a tall driver). Suffered only minor trail fingers and a couple bottomout scrapes in places I never dared go with the truck. After having to spend some quality winter garage time patching my trail damage (patching exhaust, grinding and re-painting the poor old factory skids) decided - I NEED A LIFT AND MEATS!

Looking forward to posting some stuff I've found and hope to give back - this site has been really helpful deciding what route to take for the KJ and avoid the trial and error I've had with other 4x4s.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy the forum Mitch.

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Ontarian! Where abouts are you located?

the Canadian Dave

I really should change my username, I'm not in Keswick anymore ;)

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am just outside of Ottawa - but the KJ gets all over Ontario and Quebec so far - mostly up North but have seen road from Windsor to Thunder Bay to Val D'or to here. We go where the fish are ;)