The "new" 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Ron

Reaction score
Hey guys so this being my first post here, figured I'd take the time to give the story.

So without further ado.

After having an 04 Mazda3 for 4 years, I decided it was time to upgrade. Last month, I got my 2002 Green KJ, 108,000 miles. Coming from the mazda3 world, and knowing very little about Jeeps except that they are freakin cool, you'll have to excuse my dumbness for a while as I learn.

Today I finally got around to doing some work and exploring.

I've always been huge on electronics, specifically car audio. I've done 5-6 different set-ups in cars, and have a decent amount of knowledge in that department.

So I finally installed my sub and amp into the jeep. Pictures to come. P300 Amp and P3 sub, both by Rockford Fosgate. Car came with a dual head unit, so no work needed there. Ported box is HUGE, and was fine in the trunk of the mazda, but I don't want to lose all that space, so I'm in the market for a much smaller box.

Goal for my Jeep.
I want to get into a bit of trail running, so modifications that help with that are what I'm looking for. I want to toughen it up a bit. I enjoy running/driving around in bad storms, looking to take photography and video, so ultimate goal would be to make the jeep a bit more storm chase ready, as well as badass. I also whitewater kayak.

Well that's it for me guys. I'll continue checking things out here. I've seen a lot of great looking Jeeps already!

You must be registered for see images attach

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you feel like doing some Fab work I've seen a post where someone converted their tailgate into a box. Looks clean and almost stock. Just a thought and welcome. :)

Sent by using tin cans and string

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome J-Ron.

Dave