New bushings on jba arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the new bushings are backwards compatible, I'd hope so..
I don't see any need for a grease fittings on the bushings. It could deteriorate them?
Probably best to contact/ask Marlin. Post back what you find out..

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I reach out I'll let you know. I'm not in need at the moment, just curious.
Yes they will work I just did this with my set of arms that are pretty old. Rebuilt them with his rebuildable ball joints and new style bushings as well as a fresh powder coating. All you have to do is drill and tap for a grease fitting. Instructions I got told me where to drill.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to necro this thread, just because I know duderz7 is still here. :p

I bought the new bushing kit for my JBA UCA’s and will be installing that soon. My UCA’s are from 2012 back when the bushing ends had no grease zerks. Is there any need to drill and tap and install them, or will the polyurethane bushings in the kit work just fine without regular greasing? I am assuming I should grease them during the install, to the extent possible.

The kit I bought:

There are no grease zerks in the kit, although I sort of remember there used to be a few years ago.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought the kit it did come with the grease zerks and I put them in. I think you're gonna want them. Poly bushings get noisy if not greased. I had to buy a tap to make threads for the fitting. Pm me if you need to borrow it and I'll mail it to you. Or if you have any other questions. The hardest part was removal of the old bushings.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! I can pick up some grease fittings if I know what size. Are your fittings/tap the 1/4x28 size? That seems to be the most common size when searching Amazon, although I’m also seeing 1/8x28 and metric as well.

EDIT: just found it on JBA’s website
grease fitting ¼”-28 SAE J534 Steel Zinc

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked in the basement aaaannnnddd…

I have 4 spare JBA grease zerks from their ball joint kit. Perfect.

I found a 1/4-28 tap! I ordered a new 7/32” drill bit to go with it since I probably broke the old one.

I also found a good paint match for JBA red, which won’t break the bank. It’s Krylon gloss banner red. Details and pics are here:

Last edited: