New Alpine iDA-X001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked this up on the weekend and it's awsome.

The new Alpine iDA-x001 media controller. There is no CD in this unit at all, it was designed in part by Apple and it isthe only true iPod controlling deck that I'm aware of.

I get in my jeep, open the glove box and plug my Nano into the UBS port on the glove box (yes USB in the glove box!) and then my stereo takes the music from the iPod. Unlike the previous full speed iPon connectio from Alpine this unit actually decodes the Mp3 in the head unit and functions like the iPod, not just playing the music sent from the iPod.

It will also play Mp3 or other format from any USB key plugged into the USB port and the sound is incredible.

You must be registered for see images

It is compatible with 1st and 2nd Gen Nano and 5th Gen iPods (if you want to use the USB port).

Best feature I like is it shows the album cover of each song it plays on the screen as it's playing. It also has bluetooth cell phone features built in and the face has no non-essential buttons on it... they all control a feature you will use regularly.

If you have an iPod this is the deck you want!

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X001

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never thought anyone would get it, since it was too expensive, and all that..
Looks good.

PS: Is that a pee-test cup in your glove box?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like cheap enough! I remember seeing that as much more expensive here..... howcome. Anyway, enjoy it!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, maybe that's why I skipped on this. :) But in any case, it looks nice for that price.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They work will all iPods over the older Alpine iPod full speed connection... but you won't get digital transfer and it won't show album art.

With the USB connection it will work with 1st and 2nd Gen Nanos and 5th Gen iPods... so I'd assume the 3rd Gen won't work... but bring it in to the store and plug it in to see...

This really isn't for the CDphiles out there... it more for people who archive MP3 music and buy thier music by the song off itunes (which I think is usually a better deal for most albums since I usually only like one or two songs off an album).

but it will play gapless albums and the Apple lossless format for those with descriminating ears.