New 2006 CRD Project... and hello!!

What are your thoughts?

• Your car will look shit hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're a ******* Aussie squeezer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCreep

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First post, and its going to be a big one... looking for any advice / help to make my little project come to fruition.
I recently scored a 2006 Jeep Cherokee (Liberty) 2.8L CRD... only 16,000kms believe it or not! Basically brand new! Anyhow I am wanting to paint this little treacle with my own brush, I will be sure to post the end result.
Have quite a bit of tech know how, but when it comes to cars I have ZERO... I just need to know where to find the wires I'm looking for and how to run additional ones... So heres the plan....(have done a little research)

Disconnect CD changer and install an aux input somewhere on the dash for audio input from 4G iPad mini mounted to the dash. (have bought the right aux interface to do this). iPad mini will be used for navigon and mostly to stream music using Spotify and Tunein Radio.

Need to steal 12V somewhere up on the dash near the steering wheel for a flush mount USB port for phone chargers. Preferably want this operational without using a switch or relay... possible to tap into something in that area?

Likewise need to steal 12V somewhere near where I will mount the iPad mini.
If I need to run additional cables, how and where do i run them.

Need to run 12V via a 12V PWM Dimmer module installed to centre console to under front seats for rear footwell and also under steering column / glovebox for front foot wells. White lights only, not sure if this will be overly fruity but I'm going to give it a run.

Installation of Mopar Factory Sub... have the instructions for this, but its not clear how to get the cable assembly from the drivers side around to the head unit.

Replace rear tail lights with clear version.

Replace air filter

Replace oil filter

Replace headlamps with 8000k Xenon for now.. possibly HID's

Replace fog lamps with 6000k Xenon for now.. possibly HID

Replace interior lights with white LED's

Replace or overlay white instrument cluster thingos

Thats the stuff I am looking for assistance on, any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated!!! via email if you like and don't want the forum covered with my drivel. I bought the service manual, so i could probably.... eventually... figure it out after trawling through 2400 odd pages.... but hoping for a quick bit of guidance!

Aside from that stuff.. got mopar tubular side steps to go on, a replacement chrome grill for the entire front, and also a vertical billet grille....and have a brushed aluminium dash kit coming too, how much of it I will use Im not sure.. could turn out completely tacky.

Unfortunately nothing for off road as I will probably rarely use it for that.. mainly running around for work. Should give me a relatively custom feel for all of about $1500 or so AUS$.. all the stuff is ordered, just waiting for it (and the jeep) to arrive!

Hoping to knock all this off in a weekend... am I dreaming?

Pic attached as it is now

Attachments

• CreepJeep.jpg
    CreepJeep.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Members online