neon lights etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i found a kit for $199.00 that has 4 light bars (2 4' and 2 3' sections) that are supposed to be used under the body, but I thought of instead using them inside mounted clean and out of the way somehow. they change colors and or show only one color depending on your setting. just wondering if there is a kit out there that will react to sound? Like react to the music your playing in your system? thanks...

HIM_Tattoos

Reaction score
hey i found a kit for $199.00 that has 4 light bars (2 4' and 2 3' sections) that are supposed to be used under the body, but I thought of instead using them inside mounted clean and out of the way somehow. they change colors and or show only one color depending on your setting. just wondering if there is a kit out there that will react to sound? Like react to the music your playing in your system? thanks...

yeah you can purchase a pulse sensor at any autozone; right next to all the other Honda crap. But I suggest against it, to light inside and cops will be looking for you especially the colors of red and blue, also it looks pretty (blarg)
spend that 199 on a cold air intake, upgrade your exhaust, or get a brush guard, both the libby lovers and your libby will thank you.

Stepping off my soap box now.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah funny. its not what you think though. i dont plan to use it while driving. just something to mess with when listening to music at night in my yard when bored. plus itll be stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth...etc thatll be playing, none of that rap crap. I basically want my own personal HeavyMetal light show when needed, plus my kids would love it.

and i already have the CA intake haha

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
yeah funny. its not what you think though. i dont plan to use it while driving. just something to mess with when listening to music at night in my yard when bored. plus itll be stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth...etc thatll be playing, none of that rap crap. I basically want my own personal HeavyMetal light show when needed, plus my kids would love it.

and i already have the CA intake haha

Good taste in music!
I don't know if one of those "Light Organ" modules would be able to keep up with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer!
Non the less, check out JC Whitney. I recall seeing something like that in their catalogue.

Reaction score
you really couldnt have any of the colors going. atleast not here in indy. apparently theres prominent gangs who use those colors. red blue and yellow probably cant be used anywhere

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. It would be cool, but I would spend the money on subwoofer and better speaker that can accommodate heavy metal.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. It would be cool, but I would spend the money on subwoofer and better speaker that can accommodate heavy metal.

You nailed it! i already have it though . Just look at my sig.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've got a kit like that for sale over here, and it comes with a turban as an added bonus

Socks............didn"t you mean a turbo????:D..........nana.gif

Dave

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, remember about 12-14 years ago everything was "Turbo"
A turbo button on your computer, turbo window wipers, turbo coffee makers, etc.?
Catch word of the mid-nineties!
What would you say the catch word of 2008 is?

XTREME!!! (blarg)

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they were coming out with a modern "Knight Rider" TV show.
Looks like some rapper (to be named at a later date) is going to play the part of Micheal Knight,
driving an early '90's Honda Civic with a buzz bomb muffler.

You must be registered for see images attach

Try not to inhale the NOS.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
you really couldnt have any of the colors going. atleast not here in indy. apparently theres prominent gangs who use those colors. red blue and yellow probably cant be used anywhere

Not because of gangs, really. Cop cars use those colors and if you've got them in your window, you might make some idiot think they're being pulled over...

or...

You could be trying to impersonate a police officer.

This sounds cool. Let us know when you finish, and video please. :D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could be trying to impersonate a police officer.

Yup - when I was 17, I got pulled over and REAMED out at 1:30 am for having a solid blue neon license plate frame on the rear of my '91 Daytona. Luckily he didn't walk around the front and see the blue turn signals that I had made too.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI guys, the Cold Cathode's they sell for PC's (starting at around $6) will work. So if you wanna bling up your interior you can do it pretty cheap. I've thought about doing som CC's for the interior. Foot lighting and underseat lighting.

http://www.vibelights.com/

In fact, all PC type accessories such as EL Wire which plug into the 12v power supply adapters will work just fine.