Need some help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The carpet cleaner I got wont lift the salt out of my carpet. Any suggestions?

On another note I just cleaned Bert out today for the first time since I have had it. I mean really cleaned. Vacuum, shampoo, clean the leather and get all the glass the whole nine yards. I must say one of if not the easiest vehicle I have had to clean. Only bother is all of the glass! Still easiest windshield in a car I have had. One problem I have is I am a night owl and I do a lot of work on my own vehicle at night. So I will see all of the things I missed tomorrow in the light. Used to it though.

Thanks for the help.

II

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Vacuum well to remove dry powder. Having a wet shop vac helps here. Calcium chloride (from road salts) can be rinsed out with multiple cleanings with warm water and white Vinegar solution. (50-50) re-vacuum and then do a cool water rinse only followed by a light carpet shampoo solution in the final stage. A soft brush can be used to loosen the salt but often it is impregnated from years of sitting there, so you may have to get it fairly wet and suction out a few times.
Once it is clean you may want to consider getting some proper deep dish mats. I use the digital fit weather techs.
41057[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• WeatherTechDigitalFit2.jpg
    WeatherTechDigitalFit2.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I need to rinse and repeat as necessary then. Thanks. And yeah I know I really want those mats. Just got the wheels and tires though so its gonna be a bit ha ha.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol ... you'd think TC is getting a cut from the sales team :D

all kidding aside they are great mats ....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Majic carpet cleaner took the salt stains out of my carpet. Auto parts places or walmart have it. Spray it on and let it sit 5 minutes and then brush it and vacum it.

Then I got a set of "Huskyliners".

Dave

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saving for a roof basket now. Mats are second on that list I do believe ha ha. Ah I am gonna get in trouble with the fiance'. Thanks guys.