Need Pictures of Clevis Spacers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just got back from having my lift installed.

As I attempted to tell the technicians everything in detail, like about the clevis spacers, the bushing kit for the rear Bilstein shocks, they attempted to interrupt and say "we do this all day." Well, just trying to verify everything was done. I'm not seeing any clevis spacers where I believe they should be.

Can someone please take a picture of their clevis spacer installed?

Also, is there a way to tell if they installed the bushing kit for the rear shocks?

cbpf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pictures on hand... just Google jeep liberty clevis spacer images. And u will get a stack of pictures. ...

It goes rite above clevis In between the strut / shocks

Hope this helps.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Photo that I pulled off the web ( very hard to do:shrug::happy175:)
You must be registered for see images attach

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That spacer looks really large compared to my .5" lol

I need to find a way to bump up my front end. With the bumper crnter(before winch), after I removed what I had and added a .5" spacer, I'm just over an inch lower up front compare to the rear. Don't want to go any larger on the clevis though but really wish I could even it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark, It would be best if you could take photos -post them of your lift job front & rear.
In the front the electrical conduits (i used 3 on driver's side two conduits on passenger)
They are just used to properly space, You dont need to actually have to have spacers present, just the gap measured if u know what I mean.
In the rear you should be able to see an extra rubber isolator (Chrysler iso pad), and for bump stops we use teraflex in front & hockey pucks- rear.
Here is s photo of my set up. Hope this helps.
49827[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• SpiderTraxInstall.jpg
    SpiderTraxInstall.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 9

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is that a picture of a disassembled clevis fork?

Yeah I don't need that. Need to know precisely where the spacer goes as I'm not about to call out someone for not doing their job if I'm not 100% sure they're not there.

Attached is a picture of my strut.

Based on my very limited experience, the clevis spacer goes in between the top of the fork and the bottom of the strut.

Attachments

• 20140707_175559.jpg
    20140707_175559.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 85

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That yellow gap between the bottom of the spring and the top of the clevis is where the spacer goes. Looks like you have a gap there but no spacer (unless the spacer was yellow too) the spacer is used just as measurement and nothing else. It doesn't hold weight.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Look like you have a 1/4 space present on clevis, translates into 1/2 inch of extra lift.
As I mentioned above you dont need to have conduits present just measure the gaps.
You can see the conduits in my set up 3 rings drivers side two passenger as the KJ sits a bit lower on drivers side. The bottom of my strut does not poke out at all..Im a bit crazy LOL.
As long as you are under 22.5 inch form center of wheel hub to top of flare u are good to go.
I also used boiler's 3/8 steel top plate spacers, so I am at the top end of it as well, now that it is settled I have about 22.25 inches both sides.

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That yellow gap between the bottom of the spring and the top of the clevis is where the spacer goes. Looks like you have a gap there but no spacer (unless the spacer was yellow too) the spacer is used just as measurement and nothing else. It doesn't hold weight.

Again, my ignorance is showing. Are you saying that the clevis spacers can be used as a measurement only and not need to be installed?

If so is that what the mechanic did? Would there be no gap had he not used the spacers?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, my ignorance is showing. Are you saying that the clevis spacers can be used as a measurement only and not need to be installed?

If so is that what the mechanic did? Would there be no gap had he not used the spacers?

The spot circled is where the spacer would go. If your spacer is yellow the that's it otherwise they just gapped it and didn't add the spacer.

And yes, the spacer is not needed. You can leave a gap there with nothing in between. The spacers just allow an even measurement on both sides. The clevis (the brown part) would be flush against the black part if it wasn't spaced with no yellow in between.

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spot circled is where the spacer would go. If your spacer is yellow the that's it otherwise they just gapped it and didn't add the spacer.

And yes, the spacer is not needed. You can leave a gap there with nothing in between.the spacers just allow and even measurement on both sides.

Huh, just seems counter intuitive. If it indeed is merely a tool of measurement, why is it sold as a product rather than simply having the mechanic measure out 1/4 inch with a tape measure?

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, just seems counter intuitive. If it indeed is merely a tool of measurement, why is it sold as a product rather than simply having the mechanic measure out 1/4 inch with a tape measure?

So are we all in agreement that the gaps indicate usage of the spacers?

Would there otherwise be no gap?

Because some people don't know how to measure evenly, I don't know. It helps keep the clevis flush against something while tightening so it's even all around.

That gap of yellow indicates a spacer.

Measure where you are from fender to center of the wheel. Not sure what lift you got but 23" is a good place to be. Anything higher and your risking it.

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because some people don't know how to measure evenly, I don't know. It helps keep the clevis flush against something while tightening so it's even all around.

Measure where you are from fender to center of the wheel. Not sure what lift you got but 23" is a good place to be. Anything higher and your risking it.

Yep I'm right at 23".

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score

Sometimes it can help to leave that clevis bolt loose when installing the LCA bolt, helps when twisting it in place. It you do that, you would need the spacers to maintain that gap until you tighten the clevis bolt.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

SIMPLE ANSWER
They did not install any type of clevis on yours, they did not know what they were doing if you wanted a clevis lift or if you supplied them with parts to do one

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

No clevis on his, that is the bottom of the shock , they screwed him if he wanted a clevis lift
At least from the photo I am looking at there isn't any space in there, bottom of the shock has a ring around it
Photo of stock Bilstien front shock, notice ring around the shock at the bottom and the lower spring perch, no clevis on his

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep I'm right at 23".

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

How far have you driven it and have you gotten an alignment yet? Also did you install JBA upper control arms, if so did they tighten them on the ground, if not there would be another reason for it to be sitting higher

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Due to most not knowing how to measure or not doing it right , plus for some they don't trust not having something in there

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clevis on his, that is the bottom of the shock , they screwed him if he wanted a clevis lift
At least from the photo I am looking at there isn't any space in there, bottom of the shock has a ring around it
Photo of stock Bilstien front shock, notice ring around the shock at the bottom and the lower spring perch, no clevis on his

Agh yeah I see what you are talking about. I was thinking it looked like he still had a lot of the bottom sticking out.

Luckily they just took everything apart so it should be easy to do the clevis part... Hopefully easier than it was for me messing with the clevis anyway lol

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Your missing the shiny things. Like Tom said the yellow is a lip from the Bilsteins and shows up on mine also.