Need new suspension!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorksKJ

Reaction score
Well this is my first or second post. Ive been here awhile reading and looking and its now time to change my stock suspension. It going bad on me 2004 4x4 with 34k miles on it. I dont go off road but i am looking to put 245/75/16 or 245/70/16 falken high country tires. I live in northern Va and we do get snow. What would be a good set up for what im looking for. All emu or emu rancho or just the emu rancho rs5000 series since i dont go off road. I ride 4 wheelers so no need to take my jeep off road.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

Well it sounds like you have it figured out all ready, so it's a matter of shock choice. OME springs in all corners and your choice of shock, and 245's will fit just fine.....maybe a clevis lift while you have it apart(no better time to do it) and you are good to go...oh for the sake of being sure, get some front extended bump stops from Terra flex

I run OME shocks on my KJ and a combo of Rusty's/OME springs....it all works good for me...rear shocks are a bit stiff in the cold, but other than that..great.

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Any of your three choices would be sufficient. And Welcome.

CorksKJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast replies, was really looking hard at the rs5000 series only because of availability and price. Only thing is i dont see any reviews or any body with them.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast replies, was really looking hard at the rs5000 series only because of availability and price. Only thing is i dont see any reviews or any body with them.

The Rancho front struts RSX17505 are listed as discontinued on the All J Products website. I'm sure there's a few guys on here that run those RS5000 shocks.

CorksKJ

Reaction score
Well Ive decided on OME HD springs(are the HD a wise choice since i dont have a winch or a bumperor are the med springs good) with 17505 struts and the rs5000 shocks. I guess front tera flex extended bump stops. Is there anything else i may need for the front and the rear.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Ive decided on OME HD springs(are the HD a wise choice since i dont have a winch or a bumperor are the med springs good) with 17505 struts and the rs5000 shocks. I guess front tera flex extended bump stops. Is there anything else i may need for the front and the rear.

Depending on the year, you'll probably need to buy (or make - easily made) a drop bracket for the rear flex line.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You should be fine with out the brake line extension as long as you keep it under 3.5" or so...

Latest posts

Members online