need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesst

Reaction score
I have an all spring lift from skyjacker and need to know what type of struts/shocks i need. I have looked online but am getting different answers. can i use shocks all around since i have an all spring lift or do i need to get struts in the front and shocks in the back?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since you have the Skyjacker lift sadly you have to use Skyjacker front shocks ( struts) only ones that will fit without modifications. rest of the brands all interchange
Rear you can use Ironman, OME, Bilstein etc for a lifted KJ

Most places advertise what we have in the front as struts but they are indeed shocks, since we have a coil over shock setup

Last edited:

jesst

Reaction score
i dont know how much of a lift i have since i bought it with it already installed. my front is 22-22.5" and rear is 22 3/4-23". how much of a lift is that. i also have 265/75/16 tires on and it only rubs when i turn the steering wheel to the max

jesst

Reaction score
also whenever look at skyjacker it gives me the shocks 8088 and no struts??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes running to large of a tire for the amount of lift you have.
To run 265-75s you need closer to or 4 inches of lift. You have 3 inches of lift.
Skyjacker may advertise the fronts as shocks, I've never looked at the Skyjacker kit since it has much weaker springs than other lifts out there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.