Need help with some codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepKj96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 KJ and my ABS light is on. The codes im getting are

P 1687 and P 0837

If anyone knows what they are or where i can find the codes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Alot.

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P1687 - No MIC BUS Message, No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Mechanical Instrument Cluster (MIC) Module

P0837 -Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Switch Circuit Range/Performance

Anything else? Like gauges going wonky or has anyone been in the dash? (stereo, after market remote start)

JeepKj96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P1687 - No MIC BUS Message, No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Mechanical Instrument Cluster (MIC) Module

P0837 -Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Switch Circuit Range/Performance

Anything else? Like gauges going wonky or has anyone been in the dash? (stereo, after market remote start)

I have an after market radio but it had been in for a year. However the beginning of August i was going down the high way and my Speedometer just started freaking out. I was going 70 and it started bouncing back and forth from 30 to 70. I did this for a few miles then went back to normal. Hasn't done it since. And another time i was just driving and my cluster (the whole thing) just shut off essentially. The back lighting went out and the gauges went to "off" mode.

How do i go about fixing these codes?

Thanks for the help.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Right off the top of my KJ thoughts, when I hear speedometer freaking out, I think of speed sensor wiring, at rear diff, and look at wiring closely there, cuts, etc. Could also trip ABS light.
ABS light requires Star Scan or real high end reader to obtain codes.
Transfer case position switch needs replacement possibly as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online