**NEED HELP REMOVING PARTS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm heading to Harry's U Pull It this weekend and am need of some information on how to remove the following parts if i find them:
Full Swing Gate Assembly- door, internals and spare wheel mount
Renegade bolt on look fender flares
center console
headlight assemblies
tow hitch
heavy duty cooling fan for tow package

Am i missing anything else i might need to upgrade to the complete towing package? Will all model years work with my 2005 for the towing package? Any ideas on how to safely remove the passenger side air bag? I could use the room for a 17inch monitor that would come out of that compartment and use the money for future mods from selling the air bag.

Thanks for the help as always.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hitch is cake, just take the six bolts out from underneath and yank it out of there. If it is a factory hitch with factory wiring, then you will have to tear apart the interior to get behind the passenger side panel to remove the wiring box, then you will need to cut the clips on the wire that run across the bumper support and pull the wires up through the hole in the floor behind the panel. really easy to do.

The gate, I belive it has the wiring harness running in through the drivers side kick panel, so you will have to remove that panel as well to get to the wires. Removing both panels will require removal of the seat belts, so be sure you bring torx bits with you. The gate should come off pretty easy, its just the wires and the two hinges and the piece that stops it from swinging too far. I haven't had a front end apart of a kj yet, but the headlight assemblies should just bolt to the radiator support somehow, just take the grille out and you should be able to get to them pretty easy.

The fan your looking for just bolts on to the front of the water pump, so that should be pretty straight forward as well. Just be sure you bring lots of tools and plenty of sockets and wrenches. Also a buddy to take a long is a good idea. Removing the gate is probably a two person job really.

As for removing the passenger side airbag, removing the bag is easy as pie. The problem is that when you turn the key back in and the air bag isn't plugged in any more then the srs light will come on and stay on and the airbag system will no longer function properly. I am not sure of any way you can get around that, but maybe somebody else will have some creative ideas.

Good luck finding your parts. Oh and dress warm, gonna be a chilly weekend!!!

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harry's U Pull it *****. what a waste of a trip. they had no liberties in the yard. wasted 4 bucks and an hour looking for one only to find out that if they had any they would be in the other yard in which is not where u can get the parts yourself. no signs saying anything of the other yard until after u leave the other one where u pay 2 bucks to get in. what a crock!

Last edited: