Need help injector swap from 02-03 to 04+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty2003

Reaction score
Hi to all just wondering if anyone tried to swap in 2004+ 4 holes injectors on a 2002 or a 2003 jeep liberty 3.7 engine.

I know 2002 and 2003 share same injector and has 1 hole type witch is old thechnology and supposed to be inferior behind the 2004 and newer.

Does anyone tried this already and is this eill work?

On a side note 2002,2003 injector are blue and 2004+ black.

Thanks to all

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually the colors are indicative of different impedance injectors, which means typically not interchangeable.

I dont have a direct answer for you, but I'd keep that in mind while researching this.

Liberty2003

Reaction score
I might just go to the scrap yard tomorrow and give it a try and maybe have a best mpg.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read this thread & did a small amount of checking , what I found said it wasn't a compatible swap . Don't know why . I don't think I'd chance it unless I found credible evidence that it'd work . Might screw up PCM or something . Since the PCM just sends a ground signal to the injectors to fire them , one wouldn't think it would mess things up but who knows .

cheapjeep

Reaction score
If you check out ebay, they have the upgraded 4 holed injectors pretty cheap. I believe Bosch or nipendenso makes them. If you are looking for better fuel mileage, then stick the bigger brother of the 3.7 in it the 5.7 hemi..it will fit with little mods. Crazy fast and good mileage. LOL

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might just go to the scrap yard tomorrow and give it a try and maybe have a best mpg.

I wouldnt recommend doing that. Different impedance is a BIG DEAL. Putting the wrong impedance injectors in your vehicle could be catastrophic to the PCM. Meaning, POOF! There goes the injector circuit in your computer.

I'd do significantly more research and testing first.

Or just buy 4 hole nozzle injectors of the correct impedance.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you check out ebay, they have the upgraded 4 holed injectors pretty cheap. I believe Bosch or nipendenso makes them. If you are looking for better fuel mileage, then stick the bigger brother of the 3.7 in it the 5.7 hemi..it will fit with little mods. Crazy fast and good mileage. LOL

Uhm?

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really know if the 4 hole injectors are a significant improvement over the stock 02 & 03 injectors ?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moving from pintle valve single hole injectors to 4 hole injectors on other vehicles that I've owned, meh.

There was a little smoother engine running, maybe... could have been in my head. Theoretically, it should mean a more even spray pattern, and more even burn. BUT... I think all things being equal, if the single nozzle injectors are clean and working properly, they're perfectly fine.

Biggest increase in fuel mileage comes from not being Mario Andretti with the gas pedal.