need help finding a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryley Groh

Reaction score
So i bought the start to what could be a very beautiful truck. I bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade, but i need a 3 inch lift. ASAP, i was shopping for some OME, but all i could find anywhere was 1.5. so im asking some other owners of lifted renegades for some help. i would like 3 inches with some 33s under it and some rockstar rims. any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• STOCK.jpg
    STOCK.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Check out jeepin by al. Specifically this lift if you want 3" http://jeeplibertyliftkits.com/inde...r-the-kj/tommudd-s-econo-3-5-lift-kit-kj.html

Also unfortunately 33s really can't be obtained without regearing and many other mods. Better to stick to 31s.

Oh and it already has Rockstar rims! At least I think so haha

We have a lift faq section on this forum I suggest you give a read through its very informative

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME will give you 2.5 ish lift. Anything over that you NEED JBA arms.

33s are not gonna fit on a KJ with 3" lift. I have a 4.25" lift on mine and i have to do alot to make them fit. (Plus 4.56 gears/steel diff)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So i bought the start to what could be a very beautiful truck. I bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade, but i need a 3 inch lift. ASAP, i was shopping for some OME, but all i could find anywhere was 1.5. so im asking some other owners of lifted renegades for some help. i would like 3 inches with some 33s under it and some rockstar rims. any help is appreciated, thanks!

Good info above
will add 1.5 is advertised height on OME, you get 2.5 inches in real life
If wanting 3 then you can add a 1/4 inch top plate from JBA for 3 inches of lift in front, add one upper rear isolator to level it out
As far as wheel choice, would try something else, haven't seen any that will work good on a KJ
Stick with 7 inch wide and 4 inches of backspacing or 8 inch wide and 5 inches of backspacing
Tires 245-75-16 or 265-70-16 almost same height but 265-70 are wider of course
Doesn't matter if you have a Renegade or whatever model all are the same, front springs/shocks same from 02-12

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KMC Rockstar 2s will fit. They are 17 x 8 with 4.9 backspacing. I know because I was going to get them. National wheel and tire carries them. I suggest you go with the 3.5 Tommudd economic lift. It gets you where you want to be. I'd prolly run 245/70r17s or 265/65r17s but beware there are limited tires in a 265/65r17.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The KMC Rockstar 2s will fit. They are 17 x 8 with 4.9 backspacing. I know because I was going to get them. National wheel and tire carries them. I suggest you go with the 3.5 Tommudd economic lift. It gets you where you want to be. I'd prolly run 245/70r17s or 265/65r17s but beware there are limited tires in a 265/65r17.

But they are ugly :icon_lol:
Must of started making them in decent backspacing for a while they only had like 3 inch or something ridiculous like that
245-70-17s are pushing the size limit before you need gears
255-65-17 would be as far as I'd go size wise

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah they kinda are haha, but give the man what he wants. He will be happy in the long run

Disagree, lead him to what is best and he will be happy for a lifetime instead of 5 minutes
Wheels like that are like hookers, look good for a few minutes, after that ......:Bye::shrug::mexsmoke::thumbsdown::gr_grin:

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disagree, lead him to what is best and he will be happy for a lifetime instead of 5 minutes
Wheels like that are like hookers, look good for a few minutes, after that ......:Bye::shrug::mexsmoke::thumbsdown::gr_grin:

I was turned away from them because I didn't want to pay $200 a wheel and another $200+ for a tire. I have to admit steel wheels such as cragar soft 8s do look good on Jeeps. There is a guy that has a blue KJ with a Daystar lift and black cragar soft 8s and I personally like that look.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yes just go with 16x7 cragar soft 8s with 4 inch backspacing just to save time and to save your bank account.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and then you'll look like most of the lifted KJ's out there, lol.

OP - how dare you want something someone else doesn't like

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What do Soft 8s, Moabs and belly buttons have in common?
Everyone has them.......................

:shrug::happy175:

Time for a new trend , whats it going to be?

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
said the guy telling to OP to get soft 8's instead of what he wanted :happy175:

I told him what rims he wanted and where to find them. Correct? There is just no point in trying to persuade people that there are other wheels other than Moabs and soft 8s...its against some peoples religion to get other than moabs or soft 8s :happy175:

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, he said he wanted Rockstar's and you replied with

So yes just go with 16x7 cragar soft 8s with 4 inch backspacing just to save time and to save your bank account.

:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

You're contradicting yourself with every post. Amazing.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:shrug: