Need help and advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the frankenlift with the heavy duty springs. I installed an ARB front bumper and got some 245 75 MTRs and have had no rubbing problems. This weekend I installed a Warn winch and now I have rubbing problems because of the added weight I guess. How can I fix this. Doing a Clevis lift looks like a pain because it looks like I have to "undo" everthing to get to it. Is there such a thing as a spacer I can put in the springs to fix this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a clevis really isnt hard itll only take 30min to do both and also what line do you have on your winch? if its the wire rope id sell it and get a synthetic itll save you alot on weight

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you rubbing? If it's the pinchweld just pound it over and call it a day.

As jsc7002 said switching to synthetic rope will save you about 40lbs or so of weight up front.I run the ARB front bumber with the WARN 9500XP winch with syn rope,it only dropped my front end about a 1/4",I did do a 3/8" clevis lift but I'm running 265/75's and need all the room I can get.By the way I'm running the SkyJacker coil lift and I'm still at 3.75" of lift from it after 45,000miles.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took care of the pinch weld when I put the lift on and never had a problem until I mounted the winch. Now it seems to rub where the pinch weld was before I pounded it (I pounded it flat too!) when I am at full steering lock.

What all do I have to take apart to do the clevis? Do I need to dissconnect the upper A arm? Anything else I need to do would be helpfull. I understand how a clevis lift works, Im just looking to make it easy by knowing what to do before I start. Thanks