Need help about racks from Renny owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckphreak

Reaction score
I've been shopping for a snowboard rack for my 06 Renegade and it seems like they're a lot harder to fit than the Sport/Limited models. I know the silver factory rack on the Rennys are thicker and weaker than the black ones on the other models. Does the thickness make that much of a difference? I've noticed that Mopar lists different part numbers for their cross bars for Renny. I'm looking at the Thule Snowcat 5401 that mounts directly to the factory racks without cross bars, but their company says it might not fit Renegades. Can Renny owners with ski/snowboard racks throw in their input on what kind of rack system they're using? Thanks!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Just buy a Mopar cross bar system or the Thule or Yakima rack set up and you will be happy with it. (then accessorize it with what ever ski rack system you choose)
For what you want to carry either will do just fine. Trust me, I've sold them all for the last 20 years.
I have Thule and have had so for the last 20 years.
Saying that. I have transported a 9 foot long Chesterfield on top of a 1979 Mini ( not that BMW crap) with no problem!
Skis do not weigh that much, even at highway speed!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online