Need an advise on rims....for a summer/winter set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkesha

Reaction score
Hi, im completely noob for tires/rims. I got a 06 CRD with factory tires mounted on factory rims (I believe 16").
2 winters ago we almost got in the accident and same day ordered winter tires with which noticed huge improvement in Alberta's snow.
So far we pay around $100 every time for taking them off and putting oem all season on.

I would like to get a nice black rims which would allow me to mount original tires on and then replace that set with winter tires/original rims for winter time.

I totally am not sure what sizes of rims should I be looking at in order to achieve this and which would/would not fit so I need some input. I don't mind the looks of renegade oem rims so if you have to recommend something along those lines it would be more then appreciated.

Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Easiest would be to find a set of stock rims in whatever design you like
most aftermarket rims will not work unlifted due to back spacing etc

darkesha

Reaction score
Thanks for a clarification. I don't mind stock rims especially because I have a almost brand new tires for it, although I would like to get black design since our Sport is in black. I checked eBay and they mostly have only one at the time, The only set is this one and it goes for $500 plus shipping.
Is that a good deal for stock rims ?

darkesha

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Good thing I didn't go today. I left it for the weekend and to see if I would get an answer here.
Thanks again.
I found other set of winter tires in my city but it comes with steel rims which my wife absolutely hates - and the fact we have a set of winter tires doesn't help much either.

I found those, but they look like they are from Patriot. Its gonna start snowing tomorrow so I am looking to buy something this weekend.

Last edited: