Need advice, changing one front UCA bushing bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I need to swap out the rear most UCA bushing bolt on passenger side front a arm

(previous was torched out and replaced with thinner bolt (without the rotation tab) by a shop)

So my major question is what setup would put the least stress on that joint so I can get the current bolt out and the new one in?

Jack up lower arm?
Jack up frame and let wheel hang?
Keep all on ground?

My plan atm is to try and use a screw driver to keep things lined up while I swap the bolts, hoping I dont have to take off the ball joint...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put a jackstand under the frame, remove the wheel, and let it hang. Then just do as you were planning with the screwdriver or a even better would be a punch that is just under the thickness of the bolt. Tap the new bolt in and push out the punch/driver. Then put the nut on, wheel on, and put the jeep on the ground then torque to spec.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Jack up , jackstand under frame,
Then use jack to put under the lower control arm, jack it up so its not hanging down , but not enough to have full weight

Really easiest would be to just pop the UBJ , take 2 minutes and be easier that way you can wiggle the arm some ( after the above )

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely go the route of supporting the lower and just popping the upper ball joint loose. It's quicker and you have less to bolt back up after you've got the upper a arm bolted back in.