Name that part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsp86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after replacing struts wheel bearing tie rod sway bar bushings sway bar end links pretty much everything except ball joints/arms, i still have a clunk on the passenger side of my 05 jeep liberty limited 3.7 4wd

My ball joints arms and bushings have been inspected a few times and they look great no issues. After looking around under the passenger side i notice this part that bolts in around the cv and i have no idea what this part is called or its function.

It appears there should be a bushing in there somewhere but when i shine a light i can see right through the other side. Can anyone tell me what this part is and what its function is? I am guessing this may be causing my clunk. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Andyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my Haynes manual, it's called the front axle bracket. I just looked and mine has a bushing in it, so I would say that would probably cause a clunk when torque is on it No idea on a part number though.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one of the mounts for the front differential. There is no replacement for the bushing - the entire mount has to be replaced; but I'm not sure if the part is even available anymore.

That shouldn't cause a clunk when you hit bumps though. Did you also change the clevis bushing on the lower control arm? They're a pain to replace but they cushion the connection between the coilover tower and the lower control arm.

Bob

jsp86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses....I have not replaced the clevis bushing on the lower control arm. I will take a good look at it tomorrow and tackle that project soon and see what happens!

Latest posts

Members online