Name that part!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a matter of interest

On the RHS up above the rear axle
You must be registered for see images

In the middle behind the rear axle

This spring nut thingy was also loose and rattling, it was located on a trim up under the rear bumper on the Left hand Side...do you know what it is for...it may have been something that was removed to fit my tow hitch

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aight, the first pic is ur evap charcoal canister to suck up gas fumes, the sec pic is ur evap purge pump to check for leaks in ur evap, and idk about the 3rd+4th, looks like something was sussposed to be bolted there. Can u zoom out so we can see other stuff around and so we can see where is actually at?

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or8

Ahh thats what my intermittent buzzing noise is.

Will zoom out when I get a chance

Many thanks for that

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u may be hearing ur fuel pump, i hear my purge pump when the jeep is off, ive only heard it 2 or 3 times. I dont know if it even comes on when the jeep is on.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No this is an intermittent noise, and loud, I would be worried if it was the fuel pump...have only heard it twice, once on the test drive (car had been stood) and recently.

The purge pump sounds the most reasonable answer

Thanks
Mark

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clip ID

That clip is called a spring steel clip. Made in many styles. This one obvious provides a "nut" for a bolt. Being as the threaded hole looks quite rusty, it has probably been without a bolt in it for a while. And I agree with the fact it looks as if it belongs in the photo #4 that shows a hole in the sheet metal without much clearance to the underlying metal. It might have been for attaching a cable/wiring/hose clamp to. As the design of the clip and it's way of attachment would not have held any type of weight.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think I have worked out what the clip was off....it looks similar to the Mopar part in the above for the hooks...My KJ has a tow kit fitted and they may have removed the rear tow eye...

Can someone show me a picture of under the (your) drivers side rear bumper.

Cheers
M

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jeepster

It is a product called Waxoyl
http://www.hammerite-automotive.com/waxoyl.htm

I have used it for many years, it protects the underside of the car from the elements, especially beneficial on the liberty as Jeeps aren't really designed to cope with UK road salt...older ones look terrible underneath once corrosion has started to hit all the unfinished brackets and things.

It is also black waxoyl, I am a bit **** about underneath cars, nothing worse than an immaculate car having a s*&tty underneath when someones headlights shine under when driving behind!!
...it is hard work as the thing is used off road.

I have used it on concours cars I have owned also, dirt doesn't seem to stick.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.