Mygig in the Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jim010

Reaction score
I was interested in the Mygig instead of the RB1. One guy on Ebay stated that an adapter kit was in the works for putting a Mygig in a Liberty. Anyone know more about this? I have been looking at the RB1s, but is it worth the wait for this if it is true?

Anyone know more?

Cheers

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he probably meant an '08 liberty (or has no idea what he's talking about). The KJ uses the old pci bus system, the mygig the second generation CAN bus.

more info on the MyGig

If i had it to do all over again, i would have gone after market instead of the RB1.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong, to an extent. MyGIG is available for both CANBUS systems, including the slower one in the LX and WK. The adaptor is not totally perfected, but it has been hooked in to a Grand Cherokee SRT8 and worked.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong, to an extent.
I have read the posts on the LX forum about adapting it to the first generation CAN bus. Should i have put the words "originally designed for" before the words second generation CAN bus to be more precise...maybe. But the point is that it will not work in the KJ.

This is why i rarely bother posting in the electronics forum anymore.

jim010

Reaction score
This is why i rarely bother posting in the electronics forum anymore.
Keep posting, please! I can use all the info I can get! Why are you disappointed with the RB1?

What where the problems that they were having when adapting it to the older canbus?

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online