My wife is too short.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my lift my wife is complaining about how it's harder for her to get in the Jeep. Is there a step bar rock slider combo out out there for the Liberty that won't take too much away from the clearance on the sides while still providing good protection.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
$10.00 Rubbermaid!
You can even paint it to match your ride!

All kidding aside... No, I have not seen any steps attached to a Nerf bar (Slider and all other names they come attached with these days!) Sort of defeats the point in the whole idea doesn't it?

Cheers

Ryan

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Show her the handle on the A-pillar. I told my 5' 4" wife that it was an upper body workout!(whistle)

They eventually stop moaning... It took about a week after my 4" lift for her to get used to it. I can't wait to get bigger tires! (naughty)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
skinks are too narrow to be used as step bars, unless you are mad at your wife, want her to slide and bust her chin. :( I like the way those look, but one problem, those drill/mount points show like sour grape.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
She needs "lifted" high heel shoes now.........:D

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting the same resistance to lifting the Jeep... I wasn't sure about the sliders either, if it would make a usable step or not. They don't stick out far. Do you think if you put some anti-slip tape on it it might work?

Can you tell I want some new sliders too? LOL

Dave - yeah, maybe some thigh-high platform boots would help???

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
git up next to i high curb or get the step lader that would be the most embarrassing thing for her then tell her you need some sliders

Pablo

Reaction score
For big trucks they make this step that folds down when you open the door and goes back up when the door is closed. Kinda expensive, but way cool. Maybe you could get one of these to work with your ride. I have the step sliders and they are a bit too narrow to use as a step. Well, they work, but I would not use them for that. I am sure if you talk to RL they could fab you something?

SAF16055

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with having the missus grab the Oh Crap! handle on the A pillar.
After a week getting in and out of the Libby will be no big deal.

However helping her get in the Jeep is ...heh heh...nice.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skinks are too narrow to be used as step bars, unless you are mad at your wife, want her to slide and bust her chin. :( I like the way those look, but one problem, those drill/mount points show like sour grape.

Thats one of the MAIN reasons I made my own sliders. Having a bunch of bolts showing like that looks kinda crappy IMHO. Some people dont care though. Those bolts and the fact that I saved around $200 made it seem like a good idea to design my own.

I dont understand why everyone thinks getting in a lifted jeep is hard. I cant even tell a difference after lifting mine 3 inchs and getting slightly bigger tires. :confused:

Maybe if I suddenly lowered it back down I would be able to tell?

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fiancee is 4'9" and she has to do a little one-footed hop manuever with one hand on the door and one on the a-pillar handle. I guess I should get her some step bars or something too.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
My wife is 5 foot 5 inches tall. Although she does 95% of the driving as of late, she doesn't have any difficulty getting in and out of the Jeep whether she is in the drivers side or passenger side.
She does however want me to buy a set of Skink Super Sliders so that "she" can inflict abuse on them instead of the KJ's rockers.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehhh, just punch her in the face. thatll show her. nah wives nag sometimes. what are ya gonna do?

Latest posts

Members online