My story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In south africa my folks liked the 05 Wrangler Sahara for my 1st car: it is butch, has presence (needed in Joburg), and had soft and hard tops with it. I'm a tall guy, and it fitted me... But we waited for it for 6 months, and gave up as we were supposed to leave in another 6 months.

Here I am back in UK, and i dragged my folks to see a Ford dealer. They were all tight models, so we decided as the Jeep was the only car I really fitted into, and we headed to the Jeep dealer. They just sold the last wrangler (dammit), but the Cherokee (Liberty) was in the shop (last one from 05), so we test drove it, loved it, got it!

What a love story.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Oh, dammit - this is supposed to go in the My Story bit... grr

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Welcome! \:D/

How long were you in South Africa btw?

Thanks! I was there for 4 yrs. Best years of my life - I love the place!

Have you been there?

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is: wide roads, great people, lovely weather...

Politically rubbish, but the police were so corrupt it was wonderful! Sped past the cops on the freeway and they didn't notice!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
ENBR..................Congrats...........Sounds like it worked out well for you - I mean if you got it in S Africa you would have had to ship it back to the UK....Probably not a big deal though either way.

Always wanted to go to SA but never had a chance. My son was there working for a while in Johannesburg (Spelling??)

Anyway drive carefully...and keep the shiney side up.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online