My Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I'm no expert .. but with all you got goin' on in the front I would think 21.5 is a bit low :shrug:

Does the JBA UCA xtender thing-a-ma-bob add a smidgen of lift?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert .. but with all you got goin' on in the front I would think 21.5 is a bit low :shrug:

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not sure. It was at 18" before the lift so it's 3 1/2" of lift but I assumed it would be closer to 22 or better based on the numbers I've seen posted on here.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I was at 18" when I put in my Frankenlift ... took me to 23.25 in the front.
Even after removing the bottom spacer I am still at 22. Is it possible that your coils are compressed too much? I'm not sure if that is even physically possible but your coils are very tight.

Don't forget your really looking 2.5 inches of lift at the moment

Where is Tom when we need him? :D

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did OME coils no top plate or clevis lift, at first I was at 22.75 and now its settled to an even 22.5 in front and 23 in rear.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I know that the Ironman coils have an extra coil but those are almost completely stacked. Which ones did you go with, the HD coils?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I went with the load range B. It was my understanding that the HD coils were only needed if I were going to install say a winch or an ARB bumper.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
What the hell?

That has got to be noisy .. No?

I hope you figure it out!

p.s. I would message Tom those pics if it were me .. something's obviously not right.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know something's off with it, I just don't know what. I'll probably send them to Tom and see what he thinks. And the only noise it makes is I hear what sounds like creaking rubber. I hear it the worst when I'm turning right, if that matters. I sprayed silicon lube on all the bushings today, but it didn't affect the noise any.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the shocks are limiting and Keeling the springs compressed ?

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the shocks are limiting and Keeling the springs compressed ?

Front shocks are all pretty much the same length so thats not it. And if you look at pics of other Ironman spring installs the coils do set closer together. However those do not look right to me. Did you buy from JBA? Email them the pic's as well.

Last edited:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front shocks are all pretty much the same length so thats not it. And if you look at pics of other Ironman spring installs the coils do set closer together. However those do not look right to me. Did you buy from JBA? Email them the pic's as well.

Yes I bought everything from JBA. I'm waiting on Tom to get back to me, but if he doesn't have any ideas I'll do that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.