My Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Renne.

Dave

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few random pics I took yesterday after a trip to the mud hole drive.gif

And yes I know I did a crappy install on the subs, but in my defense I did it in the middle of winter and it was -20, so I kinda rushed through it. I'll tear it apart and redo it properly this summer if I can pry my hands off the steering wheel long enough ;)

Attachments

• DSCN1871.jpg
    DSCN1871.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN1872.jpg
    DSCN1872.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1874.jpg
    DSCN1874.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN1875.jpg
    DSCN1875.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN1876.jpg
    DSCN1876.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 54

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a little late now since he posted those pics back in March, but I hope he washed it well after that trip, especially underneath...and I don't even want to know what the engine compartment looks like...

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a little late now since he posted those pics back in March, but I hope he washed it well after that trip, especially underneath...and I don't even want to know what the engine compartment looks like...

Ok mom :gr_grin:

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok mom :gr_grin:

lol..just sayin' ...I try to avoid mud now...it gets into everything and causes so many problems if you don't clean it out. It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye! haha :happy175:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing my lift yesterday. Took the springs and shocks to a local repair shop to have them assembled. They had a wall mounted spring compressor. After assembling my IronMan springs, it is no longer functional. They bent the crap out of the brackets that hold the spring in. The guy there was amazed and said he'd never seen springs that stiff. Then he called me an idiot for lifting a Liberty in the first place.

After I installed the top plates and clevis spacer, the clevis and lower control arm were no where near where they needed to be. I remember someone on here saying might need straps to pull them in. Thank god I keep 2 1000 lb straps in the truck because it took both of them to pull them in far enough to get the bolts in. After that everything went back together smoothly. I put dish soap on the bumpstops and used a prybar on top of the tire and they popped right in easier than I thought they would. I was hoping my Jeep would be sitting level after installing everything, but for some reason the front is sitting 3/4" lower than the rear. I might take the extra upper iso out of the rear to level it out, but I'll drive it a little first to see if it settles closer to level. I have an appointment in the morning to have my alignment done, but it's not off by much at all surprisingly. I did 65 mph all the way home from Iowa and it handled way better than it ever has. I'll post some pics tomorrow after the alignment is done. And I'm debating on whether I should go to the repair shop and show the guy that did my springs that lifting a Liberty doesn't make it ride like crap like he assumes.

And I can't remember exactly who said what, but I want to say a huge thank you to all the people on here who've shared their experience. Every time I saw something weird during the install process I knew exactly how to deal with it thanks to you guys. :happy160:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ya the looks of wonder stop after they actually drive it. Had the same experience. Congrats!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Great to do the work yourself and take pride in what you've done.

Take your Libby back to that shop all cleaned up and ask him to come take a look at somethin'...

Your bad-ass, LIFTED Jeep Liberty!!!! :dogpile:

Bob

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just couldn't resist. I did bring it back there. I took the guy for a ride around the block. He was amazed at how well it rides. He was also surprised by how much power it has.

On another note, the guy who did my alignment came out to get me to tell me he'd never had an easier time aligning something after a lift kit was installed. He was impressed with the IronMan and JBA products and said it was a good quality install. Then he told me my right rear brake is hanging up, so there's more money I get to throw at it lol.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took some pics..

Attachments

• DSCN2119.jpg
    DSCN2119.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN2120.jpg
    DSCN2120.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2121.jpg
    DSCN2121.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN2122.jpg
    DSCN2122.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN2123.jpg
    DSCN2123.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 32

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good! I don't like the look of those front coils. I know there's an extra coil in there but it looks like my stock (about to be stacked all the time) coils painted yellow.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same impression when I put them on. I've already been out on some trails and I've hit hills and rocks a little harder than I normally would just to see if there would be any problems, and they're solid. No stacking, no contact with UCAs, nothing.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Maybe it's just me but seems like the ironman lift has quite a bit of rake to it and it seems that way for all the ones I've seen installed? Is there a reason for this? Do you know what your measurements are front and back?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not just you. It's sitting at 21 1/2" in the front and 22 1/4" in the rear. I was hoping it would sit more level than it is. If it doesn't settle closer to level I'll take the extra iso out of the rear.

Latest posts

Members online