My New Roof Rail Mounted Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I hate that tint s#!t! If a cop wants to see in my ride....well if i want to see in your ride you windows shouldnt look like a black window that has been painted!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that tint s#!t! If a cop wants to see in my ride....well if i want to see in your ride you windows shouldnt look like a black window that has been painted!

Good point but there is also a legit reason, in hotter sunnier climates it can reduce the interior temperature some reflecting the UV rays.

But otherwise there is no reason to go like limo dark or anything.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Girlfriend used the jeep while i was gone.... pulled it into the car port... thank god it's a soft car port... hit the top of the light, bent it back against antenna, bent antenna bracket down... had my son help her pull out, bent the hell out of the antenna on the way out. :( moral of the story... measure your carport before you let the significant other drive it? or maybe there is a better suggestion for a moral?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Girlfriend used the jeep while i was gone.... pulled it into the car port... thank god it's a soft car port... hit the top of the light, bent it back against antenna, bent antenna bracket down... had my son help her pull out, bent the hell out of the antenna on the way out. :( moral of the story... measure your carport before you let the significant other drive it? or maybe there is a better suggestion for a moral?

I drive,if you need to use vehicle I drive,if too intoxicated staying where I'm at.You got less than you deserve for letting S.O. drive Jeep.

matthewp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me expound on my experience here. As a member of the military who, of course, ends up living in other states than his own, I have had first-hand experience (almost confrontation with one ****** cop!) that you can not be legally required to change your vehicle to conform with standards outside you rhome state under the following circumstances:

1) You MUST have the vehicle registered in your "home of record," or legal residence, state.

2) Your driver's license MUST also be from the same state.

3) You must not be residing or working (on a permanent basis kinda thing) in a state other than your legal residence unless you fall under the Service Member's exception (because the state you're working in becomes your legal residence if you weren't exempt).

4) The vehicle MUST be fully legal by the requirements of your home state AND the federal DOT.

I have had two situations relating to this. One: When I got stationed in CA, we were required to smog inspect the vehicle if it was older than three years old, the vehicle only had to pass 49 state emissions if it was not a CA car (I think it was a way for the state to make some money off us). The other situation was an argument with a CHP officer who threatened me with a ticket for having illegally modified exhaust (which was fully legal in my home state of FL, where the bike was plated and registered). When I basically pushed him into writing a ticket if he thought I was right and guaranteeing I would see him in court, he backed down (at the point of our "conversation" I knew what the laws were.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah... see, there you go... my tint on my kenworth wasnt legal... it was between 35-20% on one window, and on a comercial vehicle fed dot limit is both windows added together can not exceed 35% north dakota was only place to bother checking it.