My Magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never really heard my stock one. I just knew it wasn't loud enough. Since I installed the new system, it has gotten louder. I've been extra heavy on the gas to try and get the system louder lol. I guess its working, but even with daily driving it would get louder. I haven't used my stereo since sunday morning lol.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No stereo.. hehehehe..
Is it too loud inside? I mean the engine noise is already loud, and I assume muffler noise is spitting out more than inside from down below..
Damn, I don't have my cam with me, but will try to do that next time, it has to be a bit cold outside for it to make some noises. Did you try starting the jeep when muffler was off?

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn't start it with the muffler off, never crossed my mind. It's not too loud, I just like to hear mechanical things work. I espically like car noises so my windows are always down (I prefer them down anyway). When ever I am driving by an enclosed space, like between 2 semi's or through an apartment complex, you can be sure ill speed through them to hear my jeep.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, the jeep noise is addictive!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hate the rev limiter.. 4k COME ON!!!!
Sometimes I just roll it down to N before coming to a stop and rev the engine.. and they I yap about the mileage...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I just roll it down to N before coming to a stop and rev the engine.. and they I yap about the mileage...

Thats 4k in N.. Right? Mine goes up into the 5k's when driving. Ive yet to floor it when in N.. Im to conservative to do that. hehe..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course, Mine goes redline while driving.. which is at 5300.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha for the first 2 days I did that every time I stopped.

I've floored it in N and it stays at 4k.

Mine is starting to develop a gurgle, I have about 100 miles on it so far.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think stock one gurgles too when the rpm goes down. This morning I tried to record the gurgle on cold engine but my wife forgot to press record, she thought I did, and she got fumed for like 10 seconds.. she said "to hell with your jeep stuff, i am not helping you again with these @#*"..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
she thought I pressed.. ahhh.
Anyway, I did a record myself, but it doesn't sound like what it really sounds like when it's recorded on that..

This weekend I am going to stop by pep boys to see if they got the flow we want and if they'll install.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My install was ridiculously easy. I just backed it up on ramps and replaced it. 30 minutes tops.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I was just out driving around, and it sounds sooo nice, my friends were like, "man it sounds like a v8 mixed with a 4 cylinder."

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn.. come on.. stop with the praising.. dude.. we have people here cannot afford it. :D hehehe.. Just kiddin ya, how about some more videos. Maybe one at that overpass. Have your riend film you as you pass under that tunnel/bridge kinda place.. bvvvttttttt..

As for it being easy, it think full cat back is always easier than just muffler, I assume. Just bolt on, align. That's it. With muffler, you have to weld and stuff. You didn't tell us how much it cost to you? $450?

http://www.car-stuff.com/performanc...4&model=286&brand=3633&part_name=83&category=

here is the installation instructions for those who are curious:
[PDF] ==> http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/pdfs/15721.pdf

Last edited:

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said it was $491 for the 2007 model. I'd record it, but I don't have a camera with sound, and that overpass has no walk way.

Think of it this way, my praising is encouragement for those who are considering saving for one, lol.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to get a recording of mine going under some bridges or going through a tunnel or parking garage.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bashgod Sorry, I missed that, I am feeling weird these days, so sorry about that.

Fatso, ok Thanks. Get your "*******" friend and hit the record button. :D hey at least he doesn't shake the camera that much.