My libby is not cranking up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snakehn

Reaction score
ok so this morning when i turn the ignition, the dashboard flashed and the jeep died, then immediately the rear hatch lock started making a weird noise like locking and unlocking, but nothing would respond, so i disconnected the battery and connected it back and the car cranked up, i drove to work and finish the day and got back in the car and the same thing, it won't start, but this time didn't disconnect the battery, we used jumper cables and the car would start then die right away, until like the 6th attempt and it started, now i have it sitting in the driveway and haven't tried again, the battery is a year old (04/07) and i notice it has a little corrosion inside of the negative terminal, but not much, what could be the problem??

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start by cleaning the battery terminals.

If that doesn't help, maybe bring the battery & alternator in for testing @ Autozone or whatever you have near you.

Reaction score
yesterday when i was disconnecting my battery, the rear hatch locked or unlocked when the connect touched the terminal. i dont know much about trucks but from my experiences i think its your battery.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the battery as everyone is saying but you said it is an 07 so if you're still in your 3/36 the dealer should just replace it (warranty).

Dave

Snakehn

Reaction score
well, cleaned the terminals really good and now it cranked up, took a couple of rides and it seems to be fine, will try again tomorrow morning, thanks all ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Heh, this isn't the first time this has been posted. :p

Usually involves buying a new battery.

Maybe you're one of the lucky ones. ;)

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably just a dead/bad battery unless that corrosion is really bad. Simple fix.

Sometimes that computer doesnt like it when the voltage gets really low-Reason why it wouldnt run.

gator0121

Reaction score
Sound to me more like a lose ground (neg) conection on the battery itself check to make sure that both conections on your battery are nice and tight (will not move).