my kjs first check engine light since i had it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
po300 - random cylinder misfire
po302 - cylinder 2 misfire
po305 - cylinder 5 misfire

i started my jeep up to go to school 5 minutes went by just idling. the light came on. when i got to school i checked it out with a scanner. i cleared the codes the light turned off and never went on again. then i checked the coils and spark plugs and they were fine.so then i looked for air/vacuum problems. so i pulled out the smoke machine and put it on the vacuum hose for the intake and then smoke started coming out by where the throttle meets the intake manifold. so im thinking its needs a new gasket there. and its under warranty so i gotta pull a lie out of my ass how i came up with that being the problem when i go to the stealership tomorrow morning

w8in4yurmom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummmmmmmmmmm........ mice, tell em mice did it lol. They owned the underneath hood padding on my 94 c1500 and chewed through some wiring to. IDK man gl though.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
po300 - random cylinder misfire
po302 - cylinder 2 misfire
po305 - cylinder 5 misfire

i started my jeep up to go to school 5 minutes went by just idling. the light came on. when i got to school i checked it out with a scanner. i cleared the codes the light turned off and never went on again. then i checked the coils and spark plugs and they were fine.so then i looked for air/vacuum problems. so i pulled out the smoke machine and put it on the vacuum hose for the intake and then smoke started coming out by where the throttle meets the intake manifold. so im thinking its needs a new gasket there. and its under warranty so i gotta pull a lie out of my ass how i came up with that being the problem when i go to the stealership tomorrow morning

Why would you have to lie? They might actually appreciate the diagnostic.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you have to lie? They might actually appreciate the diagnostic.

yea but they might also say im the one that screwed it up by tampering with it.
i just did all the diagnostic work myself since i had the equipment available to me and id figure it would help out by them skipping on the diagnostics and solving the problem so i can have my jeep back faster.but i have a feeling they aint gonna find the problem because they dont have the brightest "technicians" working there. last time i took it to the dealer for a new water pump it took them almost 2 weeks to fix it. if i did it myself it would have only taken like an hour and a half to 2 hours and being that i bought it at a toyota dealer doesnt really help the cause

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i went to the dealership this morning. they told me there wasnt anything wrong with it and if there was i wouldve had to pay for it and wait til friday for them to fix it. so i saved myself some money and headaches by doing the diagnostics myself.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
well i went to the dealership this morning. they told me there wasnt anything wrong with it and if there was i wouldve had to pay for it and wait til friday for them to fix it. so i saved myself some money and headaches by doing the diagnostics myself.

Sounds like a bad dealer.....:mad:

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got finished with it. the gasket was fine but there was an o ring that was worn and thats what was giving me the leak. i replaced it ran the smoke machine thru it and no leaks:D. it only cost me like 50 cents after my student discount at a local parts store and a couple of burn marks on my arm from workin on the hot engine and only 45 minutes of my time. now im bored for the rest of the day here at school

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i just got finished with it. the gasket was fine but there was an o ring that was worn and thats what was giving me the leak. i replaced it ran the smoke machine thru it and no leaks:D. it only cost me like 50 cents after my student discount at a local parts store and a couple of burn marks on my arm from workin on the hot engine and only 45 minutes of my time. now im bored for the rest of the day here at school

Cool!!!!:D