My KJ was HIT AND RUN!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the rental and actually got neither I eneded up in a Prius :eek: I think my KJ could eat this car for lunch.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you still have to pay a deductible if its a hit and run?

I think it depends on the state and your insurance.

In MI, it depends on if you have Broadform coverage. MI is a no-fault state.

I currently do not have broadform. This means that if I am in an accident, I have to pay my deductible no matter if I am at fault or not. Same for a hit and run - I pay the deductible. I can sue for the other insurance to pay my deductible and my insurance co will assist in the suit, but as you know - who do you sue in a hit and run?

If I had broadform (which I will soon be switching to), then if I am not at fault I do not pay a deductible. So, if I am rear-ended on the freeway or the victim of a hit and run on private property (parking lot), then I do not pay a deductible. If I rear end someone on the freeway and am at fault, then I pay the deductible.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I had to pay the deductible luckily my insurance filed my claim under uninsured motorist coverage and my deductible for that is half of my collision deductible.

oliverthejeep

Reaction score
me too!

my 2003 jeep liberty got hit as well. the dude was drunk and gave me all his insurance information, but as soon as the police showed up, he left in his buddies vehicle. the messed up part is that i cant get him for hit and run because he gave me his information. the damage he did was to the left rear tire. he snapped the rear axle, but some how managed to not bend the frame, which i am so happy about. so my baby was out of commission for 3 weeks, but i have him back and he is amazing! good luck on yours! and dont worry, karma will catch up with the person who hit your jeep!

dana :)

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2003 jeep liberty got hit as well. the dude was drunk and gave me all his insurance information, but as soon as the police showed up, he left in his buddies vehicle. the messed up part is that i cant get him for hit and run because he gave me his information. the damage he did was to the left rear tire. he snapped the rear axle, but some how managed to not bend the frame, which i am so happy about. so my baby was out of commission for 3 weeks, but i have him back and he is amazing! good luck on yours! and dont worry, karma will catch up with the person who hit your jeep!

dana :)

Please tell me yours was not blue or silver?

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard from my insurance adjuster she had just been to see the KJ at the request of the body shop and she approved their repairs which include replace the rear gate repaint the rear bumper cover and replace the spare tire rim for it was bent abit also.

Final tally on cost of repairs is $2326.65 :eek:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just heard from my insurance adjuster she had just been to see the KJ at the request of the body shop and she approved their repairs which include replace the rear gate repaint the rear bumper cover and replace the spare tire rim for it was bent abit also.

Final tally on cost of repairs is $2326.65 :eek:

The tailgate alone is about a grand...:eek:

oliverthejeep

Reaction score
mine damages was roughly about the same. and now my cd player is skipping. looks like i get to call the insurance company tomorrrow :(

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Are we going to get pics???:D

I will try and get some post repair photos this weekend although I am going to have to take her back in Monday for after checking her out real good I found a couple of small things I am not really happy about with the bumper but overall they did an excellent job and the rear hatch look like nothing ever happened.

Shreknow91

Reaction score
Damn Bro, sorry about the accident....

I was involved in an accident as well... although the first one wasn't my fault...

Back in December, I was driving my 05' Renegade, sitting at a stop sign with a few cars in front and a few in back, and a 17 y.o. kid rear ends the car behind me and causes a 5 car collision... unfortunately the jeep was totaled :-(
That one was Dark Khaki...

Fast foward to the weekend before last, I'm Driving home in my New to me 03' SILVER KJ limited.... here comes a torrential downpour, couldn't see 5 feet in front of me, was getting on the interstate, the ramp is one of those that has the 270 degree long loop, I was going about 15mph, and the KJ decided it didn't want to turn, so I ran up into the embankment, luckily it didn't roll... Probably could have backed it out in 4lo, if it wasn't about to flip:eek:

$4500 dollars of damage later, I should be getting it back at the end of the week :D

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 13

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn Bro, sorry about the accident....

I was involved in an accident as well... although the first one wasn't my fault...

Back in December, I was driving my 05' Renegade, sitting at a stop sign with a few cars in front and a few in back, and a 17 y.o. kid rear ends the car behind me and causes a 5 car collision... unfortunately the jeep was totaled :-(
That one was Dark Khaki...

Fast foward to the weekend before last, I'm Driving home in my New to me 03' SILVER KJ limited.... here comes a torrential downpour, couldn't see 5 feet in front of me, was getting on the interstate, the ramp is one of those that has the 270 degree long loop, I was going about 15mph, and the KJ decided it didn't want to turn, so I ran up into the embankment, luckily it didn't roll... Probably could have backed it out in 4lo, if it wasn't about to flip:eek:

$4500 dollars of damage later, I should be getting it back at the end of the week :D

Ouch.....glad you're ok....:)

Edit- And welcome!!! :D

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your KJ is in need of some new tires!

Yup mine used to slide and not want to turn before i got my new tires back last year.

And it looks like he still has the Goodyear SR-A stock tires on there which are the absolute worst for wet traction even if they have plently of tread.

Latest posts

Members online