My KJ was HIT AND RUN!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just now calmed down enough to post about this but found on Sunday someone had run into the back of my poor Liberty causing damage and I dont have a clue who did it for they left the scene.

After filing the police report on Monday and then getting an estimate from my bodyshop I meet with the insurance adjuster today and my Jeep will go into the shop on this coming Monday to be fixed.

Bent spare tire carrier bent rear hatch from the tire carrier and scuffs on the rear bumper cover. :( All to be replaced or repainted.

The insurance wants him to try and repair the hatch but we all know it has to be replaced and so does my body shop guy for he said that he cant guarantee the repair and will not even attempt it if he cannot guarantee it.

Looks like for the next week or so I will be driving a Ford Fusion or Dodge Avenger Rental luckily paid for by the insurance.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that *****!

At least your insurance and body shop seem to be on the path to recovery. Don't feel so bad, i bought my KJ last Friday, hit a deer on the way home with it, and just got it back from the body shop yesterday. It's like i'm starting all over with it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a bummer.......you got to be so careful where you park these days. My first hit was in a parking lot too but it was more of a gouge. Too many jerks that don't know how to drive....and then to take off on top of it.....geeeez.

How much was the estimate??

I hope yours is not blue.....there was a couple of blue KJ's in accidents around here lately.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ouch!!! My Durango was in a hit and run at Lowe's.....he had damage, I had none....because he hit my hitch receiver...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Dang!!! It's REALLY official now! It's destroy the KJ year!

:mad:

Re: Your Rental car....

Hope for the Fusion. The Avenger is a... uh.... disappointment. I don't even think its acceptable as a rental car let along a personal vehicle.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel you. The front grille on my kj has been krunched twice. Once by an honest woman who was writing me a note when I came out to see her bike rack sticking through it, the second time was a commando job. Never found out who did it. You got way more damage than I did, sounds like. Sorry to hear it. Those are the worst.

Mopar4L1fe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that stinks! Hope they find the person who did it!

Ouch!!! My Durango was in a hit and run at Lowe's.....he had damage, I had none....because he hit my hitch receiver...
Awesome! :)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you still have to pay a deductible if its a hit and run?

I believe so. Hit & Run means your insurance is covering the damage, so your insurance rules apply. There's no proof (sadly) that you didn't run into a light pole at the grocery store, so your standard coverage rules apply.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yeah, i was just thinking that, dude what color is your KJ??

There is three Patriot Blue KJ's on here, mine is one of them, that got in accidents in the last couple weeks.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people are stupid and dont care if they damage your vehicle. at ingles one day i was in my 06 waiting on my wife. it was 8pm and i was in a row all by myself and hardly any cars in the lot. well, along come a beat up camaro parking literally about 2 feet from my door. the door opens and i hear it hit my door and out squeezes this 300lb fat old blonde chick. i quickly jumped out of my jeep and went around to the side and told her to get her door off of mine. she looked at me like i was crazy. after she closed her door i looked at mine for any damage and luckly didnt find anything. i told her to learn how to park and she was lucky she didnt scratch or dent it. she waddled away. i thought so ******* letting the air out of her tires for being such a *******.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people are stupid and dont care if they damage your vehicle. at ingles one day i was in my 06 waiting on my wife. it was 8pm and i was in a row all by myself and hardly any cars in the lot. well, along come a beat up camaro parking literally about 2 feet from my door. the door opens and i hear it hit my door and out squeezes this 300lb fat old blonde chick. i quickly jumped out of my jeep and went around to the side and told her to get her door off of mine. she looked at me like i was crazy. after she closed her door i looked at mine for any damage and luckly didnt find anything. i told her to learn how to park and she was lucky she didnt scratch or dent it. she waddled away. i thought so ******* letting the air out of her tires for being such a *******.

God i hate people like that. What really tees me off is when i have the whole family with, three kids, and someone parks so close i can't get the darn doors open to get in on the passenger side. I found something on the net for this problem and i printed some copies out to stick under their wiper.

I won't post it here but some probably know it, Mickey Mouse making an obscene gesture.

KJcleveland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang!!! It's REALLY official now! It's destroy the KJ year!

:mad:

Re: Your Rental car....

Hope for the Fusion. The Avenger is a... uh.... disappointment. I don't even think its acceptable as a rental car let along a personal vehicle.

Never should these words be used....hope for a fusion? man. those are some sad times when you have to HOPE for a fusion. My buddy got stuck with a fusion rental and that thing was a piece of trash. Dodge isnt any better. I hope the repairs arent too bad, good luck to ya, we're all in this together.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Never should these words be used....hope for a fusion? man. those are some sad times when you have to HOPE for a fusion. My buddy got stuck with a fusion rental and that thing was a piece of trash. Dodge isnt any better. I hope the repairs arent too bad, good luck to ya, we're all in this together.

Fusion is a Lexus compared to the Avenger. Believe me, I owned an Avenger (Piece of (censored) ), and driven countless Fusions...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like both the Fusion and Advenger.....maybe it's because I'm used to Dodges though....:)

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a bummer.......you got to be so careful where you park these days. My first hit was in a parking lot too but it was more of a gouge. Too many jerks that don't know how to drive....and then to take off on top of it.....geeeez.

How much was the estimate??

I hope yours is not blue.....there was a couple of blue KJ's in accidents around here lately.

Dave

The estimate was for $1400.00 but that was for just the visable damage and trying to buff out some scuffs in the paint on the bumper cover which might have to be repainted they also said there might be more damage though that is not visable and that will be found once they begin to tear her down to fix her so the repair cost might still go up.

Hey yeah, i was just thinking that, dude what color is your KJ??

There is three Patriot Blue KJ's on here, mine is one of them, that got in accidents in the last couple weeks.

No mines not Blue its Silver and I really hope mine is not a start of a rash of Silver KJ's in accidents now.

Here is a photo that was taken the day I purchaced my KJ back in 2007.

attachment.php