My KJ is finally lifted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK after tons and tons of reading, searching, asking questions after questions, in which I very much appreciate all of your help from everybody here on the board, my liberty is lifted with its new suspension rims and tires and boy does it feel so nice!
once I had it aligned, probably eight miles after I install the lift, I went straight to the alignment shop, a shop that specialized in lifted/4x4 vehicles and they nailed it! don't think you can get any better unless I get JBA UCA's but that will be soon.

I went with Ome 927/948's
Rancho front and rear
1 extra Iso's in rear and JBA 1/4" plates up front
I was at 18 1/2" front and 19" rear before lift
Now I'm at 22 1/2" at all corner's, the rear is maybe 1/8" or so higher but very close all the way around.
My only small issue is, and I know she's not all settled in yet but my rear rancho shocks are really close to topping out, I hear them when I go over a speed bump or rock the jeep back and forth, violently but not while driving and absorbing the road? Is this normal until it's settled in?
I used the Rancho RS5248 and for what I've read, that's the ones, right?
all in all very happy!

Before..
You must be registered for see images

After..

Getting her Alignment done..

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK after tons and tons of reading, searching, asking questions after questions, in which I very much appreciate all of your help from everybody here on the board, my liberty is lifted with its new suspension rims and tires and boy does it feel so nice!
once I had it aligned, probably eight miles after I install the lift, I went straight to the alignment shop, a shop that specialized in lifted/4x4 vehicles and they nailed it! don't think you can get any better unless I get JBA UCA's but that will be soon.

I went with Ome 927/948's
Rancho front and rear
1 extra Iso's in rear and JBA 1/4" plates up front
I was at 18 1/2" front and 19" rear before lift
Now I'm at 22 1/2" at all corner's, the rear is maybe 1/8" or so higher but very close all the way around.
My only small issue is, and I know she's not all settled in yet but my rear rancho shocks are really close to topping out, I hear them when I go over a speed bump or rock the jeep back and forth, violently but not while driving and absorbing the road? Is this normal until it's settled in?
I used the Rancho RS5248 and for what I've read, that's the ones, right?
all in all very happy! I will add a few pics soon!
Were they for the 99=04 Dakota 4 WD??
If so they should be long enough, of course they are the cheaper Ranchos so ???

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were they for the 99=04 Dakota 4 WD??
If so they should be long enough, of course they are the cheaper Ranchos so ???

Ya just checked again Tom, the rs5248 is for the 99-04 Dakota 4x4 and that's the ones I have so maybe your right, the 'cheaper' ones are prob a tad shorter?
but overall it feels very good like others have said once they have upgraded their KJ, it feels like a jeep now!
if those shocks continue to be an issue once the springs settle in I'll just swap them out for something better but theyll have to do for now..

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MODS** I posted this thread from my phone and I didn't realize it was in the wrong sub model category (KK, not KJ)
I apologize and if you can, please move this thread to the KJ Lift discussion.
Thanks!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Dave

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Funny how you find a 'new' love for your rig once you did something cool to it! Looking to add bumpers soon and maybe a roof rack
if I can find one I really like.

That looks great! What's the wheel and tire size?

The Wheels are 16x8 +18 offset Level 8 'Guardian' wheels
Tires are Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II LT245/75/16

Looks good! Did you do it yourself?

Yes I did, well my son and a friend also helped, we knocked it out in about 4 hrs, wasn't a hard job to do at all.

Last edited:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I recommend painting your cladding/flares black since they look a little faded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
John looks great!
For a basket I went with a Rola, slimline, yet pretty strong!
49870[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I just noticed u used 16x8 +18 offset Level 8 'Guardian' wheels.
Tires Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II LT245/75/16
How is the ride on those LT tires? Not too noisy?

Attachments

• KJMountains-1.jpg
    KJMountains-1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: