My Free 05 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have already
- lifted it 2.5"
- installed a small stereo 10" JL audio Sub
- took the 31" rollers off the side kick (as 31s are too small for it), and installed them on the liberty
- installed 1.5" wheel spacers

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as soon as its out in the driveway ill try and get a few pic up..

rightnow looking for leather interior... my seats are trashed

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, not the greatest picture, but you can see on an 05 the down pipe is connected to the cat... you can see the end of the manifold is where the downpipe splits from, this is the same on both sides of the motor, the down pipe and crossover section as well as the cat's are 8' in length
You must be registered for see images

also after taking out the cross member to remove motor (there are 3 bolts on either side, 1 large and 2 somewhat smaller) the passanger 2 smaller snapped right at the frame side... instead of drilling out the bolts, i welded a 3/4 nut to the end (top side of the bolt that snapped), and preceeded to tighten the bolts thought the frame side.. now i can use the same thread and not have to re-tap any holes

Last edited:

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can see how high up the cats go, and where the would bolt up to the monifolds.
this made it impossible to unbolt, without moving the engine, transmission, transfercase forward to cut the bolts loose

room for 31"s. man i wish i had different wheels. the steel ones on this one are a pile of S%$T

the front bumper is removed and will not be going back on, so far i have moved the front horns (inside drive wheel well) and trimmed the inner fender, i have to move the windshield bottle from the inner fender

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours were that bad? My '05 spent its formative years in Michigan, with plenty of salt, and I could unbolt mine, albeit not easily.

I got new bolts and retainer thingys from the local Jeep dealer.

This is right after I painted mine...

You must be registered for see images attach

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i welded new nuts to the manifold side (grade 8 hardware now)
if it lasts another 300,000+ km i will be ok with it....

Latest posts

Members online