My 350 Swap Take-Two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone I know its been a while but me and my friends have been thinking and measuring and were not gonna use the K5 frame. Were going to get all the drive train and leaf springs and full width Chevy axles and just mount everything to the KJ. We think it'll look better and perform better. I got the jeep stripped and the 3 back glasses out ready to cut the back off. About to get it rhino lined. My papaw is giving me 4 5 point harness seats to put in it.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock v6 radiator! Might want to check into that a little better. Not sure that will be adequate cooling for a V8.

Radiator will be fine but a better flowing fan is a good idea. I used a radiator off a 4cyl s-10 on a truck with a small block and it did just fine.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radiator will be fine but a better flowing fan is a good idea. I used a radiator off a 4cyl s-10 on a truck with a small block and it did just fine.

Thanks for the info! I was trying to figure this out myself. So just find a more powerful fan and I should be good

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I was trying to figure this out myself. So just find a more powerful fan and I should be good

Yes sir. I had a small "viper" brand fan on mine and it wasn't doing the job. Bought a stock Nissan fan off a guy with a frontier for $50 and it worked great.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. I had a small "viper" brand fan on mine and it wasn't doing the job. Bought a stock Nissan fan off a guy with a frontier for $50 and it worked great.

Alright I look into that. If the fan is on the engine side of the radiator does it need to push or pull air?

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your definitely gonna need a strong fan with less space under the hood. My motor had room to breath.

My old motor. You can't see the fan though.
You must be registered for see images attach

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I believe I have the same amount of room, possibly more

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I believe I have the same amount of room, possibly more

Your radiator is gonna be closer to the engine and your gonna have all your components, air condition, power steering, brakes, ect. All My motor was running was an alternator. The cam I was running didn't make enough vacuum for any of that.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your radiator is gonna be closer to the engine and your gonna have all your components, air condition, power steering, brakes, ect. All My motor was running was an alternator. The cam I was running didn't make enough vacuum for any of that.

All I'm running is alternator and power steering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It runs off vacuum? I'm not following

The brakes do. The brake booster works off vacuum. Idk if you can see it or not but in the picture I posted I have the master cylinder bolted right up with no brake booster. It stopped it pretty good. If I were going 20mph I couldn't hit the brake and lock the wheels but if I was at a stand still I could power brake really good. Not that I needed to. lol I was making about 500hp to the crank.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakes do. The brake booster works off vacuum. Idk if you can see it or not but in the picture I posted I have the master cylinder bolted right up with no brake booster. It stopped it pretty good. If I were going 20mph I couldn't hit the brake and lock the wheels but if I was at a stand still I could power brake really good. Not that I needed to. lol I was making about 500hp to the crank.

I'm using the liberty brake booster and brakes

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have hydro boost or whatever you call it brakes that run off the power steering pump but I don't think it does. Another option is electric brake assist. I was gonna put electric brake on mine when it was still street legal but never did.

Last edited:

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 350 gonna be stock? You have a cam in mind for it? If it has a mild cam or a stock cam you won't have to wory about any of this.

Latest posts

Members online