My 350 Swap Take-Two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the specs? Where did you get it? Comp cams? If you got it from comp they should have givin you a spec sheet with every bit of info you need. Lifters, stall size ect.

I bought it from summit I can find the link I haven't put it in get tho

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. That's not too much over stock. You should be good with everything.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that cam I didn't have enough vacuum under 3,000rpms for anything. Your cam shouldn't change anything. You will have enough vacuum for whatever you want.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got all the front and rear out from under the jeep and attached half of the rear suspension. Gonna weld up mounts for the rest of the rear next weekend, hopefully by next Saturday or Sunday the rear will be sitting on the ground with the running gear under it.

The rear as of now
You must be registered for see images attach

The front as of now
You must be registered for see images attach

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet build man, Make sure to update when you get further! I always say that if my engine goes on my Renegade I want to swap it with a 5.3L Vortec, Apparently the 5.3 works well with the NV3550 Transmission and I have seen quite a few bellhousing adapters to make it work so who knows.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet build man, Make sure to update when you get further! I always say that if my engine goes on my Renegade I want to swap it with a 5.3L Vortec, Apparently the 5.3 works well with the NV3550 Transmission and I have seen quite a few bellhousing adapters to make it work so who knows.

Will do man! And that 5.3 will blow past my old 350 even with the parts that are in my engine lol and I had an epiphany on how we are going to weld the mounts for the rear so I'm super excited about this Saturday!

Jjw

Reaction score
No one posted

Let's try to keep this one clean. Not everyone has to like it and if you don't you don't need to post. Thanks.

Carry on!

Notice no one posted. Are you 19 or 22? you don't seem sure and it's obvious from your dialog anyway. You invite critizism with your opening comments.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notice no one posted. Are you 19 or 22? you don't seem sure and it's obvious from your dialog anyway. You invite critizism with your opening comments.

*First post ever* *Criticizes and can't spell criticism* :happy175:

megatone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that much snow (cold weather), the guy should have went with some type of fuel injection system. Not a carb. Maybe something like a factory GM TPI unit (like those which came on Camaro's and Trans Am's). Those TPI units are dirt cheap and so are the aftermarket wiring kits for them.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In defense...

Sometimes life takes over and derails our projects, especially at age 19. Unexpected expenses, illness, or perhaps a romance can cause us to abandon a project. Or sometimes we realize what we started is a bad idea - not practical or too costly. So let's not be too ******* the OP. He sure stimulated our imagination and gave us lots to comment on. Let's appreciate him for that. I would like to know what happened though, and whether he finished the project or not and why. It's like reading a book and finding the last chapter missing....

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes life takes over and derails our projects, especially at age 19. Unexpected expenses, illness, or perhaps a romance can cause us to abandon a project. Or sometimes we realize what we started is a bad idea - not practical or too costly. So let's not be too ******* the OP. He sure stimulated our imagination and gave us lots to comment on. Let's appreciate him for that. I would like to know what happened though, and whether he finished the project or not and why. It's like reading a book and finding the last chapter missing....

Romance should never come before a Jeep :p

Members online

No members online now.