My 2008 KK mods are finally done.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to swap my wheels, so I just kept the stock ones. I really like the two tone look of them.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use for lining the hood. I've always wanted to do that to my kj.. did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? The KJ liberator also has similar lining on the hood.

The Liberator used paint. I got some quotes for paint, and it was going to be around $600. A guy I work with at my CDJ dealership shoots bedliners, so I prepped the hood and grille and had him shoot them when he was doing a bedliner. Total cost- a $7 lunch.:D

That beats $600 any day, plus I like the look of it better than paint.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
talleybird_KK, I posted this earlier in the thread. The total job cost me a $7 lunch at Wendy's.:D

I had to do all the prep work myself, and a guy at the dealership I work at shot the hood and grille when he was doing a bedliner.

The Liberator used paint. I got some quotes for paint, and it was going to be around $600. A guy I work with at my CDJ dealership shoots bedliners, so I prepped the hood and grille and had him shoot them when he was doing a bedliner. Total cost- a $7 lunch.

That beats $600 any day, plus I like the look of it better than paint.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics that I took yesterday. Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cell phone in the shop at my work. I just got done installing some Enkei wheels and detailing my Libby. I really like the way it came out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, here is what I do for a living. I took these pics a few days ago, and figured some of the members on this forum would appreciate them.

I work at a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership. I have been a tech for 10 years.

Here I am replacing a Cummins engine in a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. 3 of the cylinders were severely damaged. I took a pic of the top of cylinder #1 piston to show the damage.
When we replace Cummins engines, it is easier to do by removing the cab of the truck. You should see the look on some customer's faces when they come back in the shop and see their truck in this condition. It's priceless.:D

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some better quality pics that I took today.