Mudds chopped rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Next up a completely hidden rear hitch, make it look even a litle higher.
I like the look of almost stock but something a little different that most see but can't quite fiqure it out. :D

grand

Reaction score
Tom

I really like the way this looks. Can you tell me what kind of tool you used to get a nice clean cut?
Also, wondering why you decided to remove the exhaust tip? I just added one to mine and plan to trim the bumper so was just curious.
Thanks

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no Mudd Man, but I have done this mod. I used an electric angle grinder with a 4" cutoff wheel on it. Much easier than the first time I cut my front bumper. I used a cordless jigsaw to do that. The angle grinder goes much quicker.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom

I really like the way this looks. Can you tell me what kind of tool you used to get a nice clean cut?
Also, wondering why you decided to remove the exhaust tip? I just added one to mine and plan to trim the bumper so was just curious.
Thanks

Hole saw for drywall
works good, can go real slow if needed but only takes maybe 10 minutes to do the whole bumper. Also cut my license plate off about 1.5 inches to fit up higher. Sanded where I cut the bumper at a little afterwards and done!!!
The exhaust tip hung down too far after the cut, didn't like the look, cut the tailpipe back to where it comes around the gas tank and added a turn down right there, much cleaner look.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom, I would like to try this. However I can’t seem to find the fastener you were describing to start the cut. Any suggestions? Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, been a while LOL
What fastener are you talking about ?
Cut it then go with a KK hitch , works great and up way higher

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, been a while LOL
What fastener are you talking about ?
Cut it then go with a KK hitch , works great and up way higher
The bottom fastener that attaches the fender to the bumper

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The bottom fastener that attaches the fender to the bumper
There is one "rivet" at the bottom I think, then the one shown in the one picture that I cut right below
I think that is the question you asked
None of mine have a full stock bumper , well 05 does but its been cut and 03-04 have aftermarket ones
so will need to find a stock KJ around here and look at it again LOL

Latest posts

Members online