mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepkj

Reaction score
I am getting like 15 mph stock and a lot of you are getting that lifted and locked and everything else I have changed plugs any other ideas

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's about right for city. Got that stock my self. Should go up in the summer with the warmer temps and better fuel formulation (not the winter blend).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winter gas, and cold weather. Best you can do it keep fresh plugs in it, change air filter. pcv, check tire pressure as it goes way down in cold weather. I have had mine as bad as 12-13mpg with excessive ideling with heater on in below zero temps.

Dave

Jeepkj

Reaction score
i didnt know they changed the blend of the gas for winter 15 thats highway but i only get 16 highway in the summer
tjkj2002 i would gladly trade mpg with you if we are tradeing jeeps too then i would have a reason to get such bad mpg
when i bought this i was getting close to 20 highway
what kind of plugs you all like???

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea 15 MPG is right on. I avg about 15/16 in the winter and 17/18 in the summer. On Long trips I Avg about 19-21mpg.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^plugs stock copper core ones are NGK-ZFR6F-11G gapped at .040. Double check your emissions sticker under the hood since yours is an 03. (that's what my 05 sticker says-should be the same) Otherwise use the Autolite double platinum. Either of those will give the best results according to others on the forum. Change them every 30,000 miles.

Dave

Jeepkj

Reaction score
i changed them not to long ago i used autolite xp i think they were the best the parts store had like 10 bucks a plug i used to use bosch ioridium in everything till i owned the libby

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Driving style and weight and tire types/air pressure.
You can get more mileage by going up a few lbs in the tires.
Keeping it mild in the right foot department greatly helps.
Synthetic motor oil also help for flow in winter.