MOTOR OIL: Weights, Brands, & Geo needs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amsoil 5w30 True Full Synthetic and Ea series oil filter. Change about yearly or 8-10K miles which I rarely hit.

If you are running oil that you feel needs More additives added to it then you are obviously not running the best oil. Eh?

Also if you feel the need to run system cleaners maybe you should be running a better oil to start w/ too. Eh?

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if you feel the need to run system cleaners maybe you should be running a better oil to start w/ too. Eh?
The last time I checked, oil doesn't lube injectors nor does it lube valve heads. That stuff just natuarally builds up over time. Running fuel system cleaners helps, well, to clean them out. Not really sure how using Amsoil oil would help with this.

I agree with not using oil additives though.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just poured 5 fresh quarts of Valvoline SYN 10w-30 into mine with a Pure-One filter yesterday. Had 5w-30 in it which I use in the winter..

And of course I detailed it along with 2 coats of wax. :)

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last time I checked, oil doesn't lube injectors nor does it lube valve heads. That stuff just natuarally builds up over time. Running fuel system cleaners helps, well, to clean them out. Not really sure how using Amsoil oil would help with this.

I agree with not using oil additives though.

Sorry, should have read Oil System cleaners. I run Amsoil fuel system cleaner a couple times a year in my Jeeps.

WEilers

Reaction score
I have 210,000 on my 2003 Limited and I'm using Pennzoil 5W-30 with a Purolator Filter (L20195). I have tried a variety of different oils over the miles and, honestly I believe that the Pennzoil and Castrol GTX probably have given me the best performance at the end of the cycle.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mobil 1 extended performance 5w30 ( full synthetic) every 5k miles with wix filter.