Mopar skid plates for 2005 year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickwalk

Reaction score
Hi all

Based in the UK and trying to get the Mopar transfer and fuel tank skid plates for my 2005 year KJ but having contacted my Jeep dealer and given them these part numbers, they are saying they will not fit my model year:

Transfer plate: 82209455
Fuel tank plate: 82206122

Can someone tell me if these will fit or whether I need to source alternatives?

Thanks

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Based in the UK and trying to get the Mopar transfer and fuel tank skid plates for my 2005 year KJ but having contacted my Jeep dealer and given them these part numbers, they are saying they will not fit my model year:

Transfer plate: 82209455
Fuel tank plate: 82206122

Can someone tell me if these will fit or whether I need to source alternatives?

Thanks

:welcome:

In looking through all my usual online sources I couldn't find a fuel tank skid for the life of me. Don't know why...

But I did find the engine, transmission and transfer case skids on this site - don't know if they'll ship to the UK (I'm sure they will) but at least you can get some part numbers off the site.

I'd recommend an aftermarket fuel tank skid anyway. After a recent offroad trip I was wishing I had a more robust unit than my factory skid protecting the tank.

Cheers,

Bob

P.S. I have a transmission skid for sale that I slightly modded to fit my '03. I'm worried the shipping would make it too expensive to send over the pond though...

nickwalk

Reaction score
Thanks Bob!

I've checked the actual MOPAR website and they too are saying that for the transfer, the part number is correct for my model year so really don't understand why Jeep are saying something else! The fuel tank is proving difficult to confirm as I don't think it is made anymore but would still be good if someone could confirm that this part number does fit on my model year.

Will have a look at others as always good to see what's out there!

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online