Mopar (OEM) Hella 500 fogs/covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe read somewhere that the '05+ Renegade OEM Fog Lights were Hella 500s supplied to Mopar by Hella (like on Wrangler also). Well, I wanted stone guards for my new to me Rennie Fogs. Talked to Mopar parts, searched the manuals & micro fiche, Mopar parts websites for a pic & part no, and could not find anything Mopar about stone guards/covers for these lamps. So I ordered a pair of Hella 500 covers from Hella. They didn't come even close to fitting the Mopar Hellas from the factory. Weird! So went to a couple retailers to look at their Hella fog lamp kits which include stone guards/covers. Well the 500s Hella sells to the public are quite different from the Mopar Hellas (not as nice as the Mopars IMO). Called Hella to find out what they had supplied to Mopar and if there were covers for that Mopar fog light. No one I spoke to at Hella had any idea what Hella had supplied to Mopar for those Renegades and Wranglers. Even Quadrateck (tons of Wrangler stuff) had no ideas or covers for the OEM Wrangler fogs - which are identical to those on the Rennie. Everyone sells Hella 500s but they are quite different (mounts and casings/enclosures) from the Mopar Hellas.

Finally looked at all the lamps Hella makes and decided to try the covers for the Hella Rallye 4000 Compact Series Lamp. Ordered a pair from Amazon ('cause they're so good with hassle free returns) thinking the covers would prolly be going back. Got 'em today and they fit! Sorry for the long saga, but I've been at this for months and could hardly believe I got lucky. I'm prolly the only guy who wants covers, but if anyone else wants some, here's the info.... and a pic.

@ amazon.com

Hella 165048001 White Stone Shield for Rallye 4000 Compact Series Lamp by HELLA
Buy new: $13.61

Attachments

• 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 30

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, that's cool! thanks for the info... wonder if lenses interchange? I have a broken but intact lens, can't decide if I want to replace the lense or go to different lights... any idea how those 4000's compare to the factory light?

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, that's cool! thanks for the info... wonder if lenses interchange? I have a broken but intact lens, can't decide if I want to replace the lense or go to different lights... any idea how those 4000's compare to the factory light?

Actually, I believe the current regular ('retail') Hella 500 lenses are compatable w/our 'Mopar' 500 lenses. Not absolutely sure though. It's the mounting and the lamp housing on our Mopar 500s that cause the 'retail' Hella 500 covers not to fit properly. You can get replacement lenses fron Mopar, but they're kinda pricey. Might be better off going to the Hella web site/ebay etc. Dunno.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is even in the same ball park of the conversation, but there is a guy that I see everyday when I am going to work and he has a Compass Rallye edition and he has Jeep covers over his bumper mounted fog lights. They look really good but I bet way more expensive than the deal found for $13. They seems like they are the same size, but I could be wrong. Here is a generic web pic I just found. I guess I coulda searched for the pic before the boring story to set it up...lol Also, does anyone know what the bulb size is in the fog lights if I wanted to get brighter bulbs?

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..., very interesting, possibly another option. Thx RJ