Molded Splash Guard ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to know from anyone who has installed them if you noticed and paint rubbing off underneat them, I would like to add them, but when I installed them on my Ram they rubbed the heck out of the paint.

Thanks
Bob

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kj lad said:
Had them fitted from new. Took them off when I nearly ripped one off when offroad.

Ian

Sure, with deluxe, I could see this with some hard off roading. But they really don't hang down that low for most driving.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not doing any offroading, I have a place by the lake that requires me to do some traveling on a gravel road,.

Bob

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
splashguards

the molded splashguards have been a lifesaver for my paint.....they keep the paint chipping on the bottom of the doors and rocker panels to a minimum. They fit well, look good, and protect the finish.....one of the best things I've done for my jeep. =D>

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
the only reason i can tell mine is scratched up is one of the screws fell off wheni was playing around snow berms....(it got hookd on it)...so there is play, and underneath it some scratches.they also seem superficial...nothing a good buffing can get off..otherwise..i love having them on..

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to put you off them. They work well on road, they just weren't for me. I hope you enjoy them. \:D/

Ian

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finsihed putting them on, a little disappointed in the rear, they do not seem to hugh the molding as nice as I think the should, tried moving them around, when you get the side snug and attach the botttom underneath screw they tend to bulge, and since the holes are pre drilled in the body there is only one way to go, but on the other hand the Liberty is black and the guards are black which makes it less noticable

Bob

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob, nonetheless you'll like them. They do a good job protecting the sides from rocks, as well as controlling the mud that the front tires kick back.

Retirement sounds great BTW! I'll be there in 24 years I figure, lol. rockon.gif

skeeter

Reaction score
Do you think you can just "line up" the splashguards and drill new holes into them so that all the screws will going into the already existing fender holes? I hate the idea of putting new drill holes in my Jeep.....but I HAVE to have these things with my horrendous driveway.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skeeter said:
Do you think you can just "line up" the splashguards and drill new holes into them so that all the screws will going into the already existing fender holes? I hate the idea of putting new drill holes in my Jeep.....but I HAVE to have these things with my horrendous driveway.

You would have to be right on. I doubt that I could, as there is some play involved in drilling the holes. Personally, I doubt it will be an issue to have extra holes as I don't plan on removing them. If anything, I could see replacing them should I mess them up. But so far, mine still look good and they do their job. =D>

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Gentleman said:
and since the holes are pre drilled in the body there is only one way to go, but on the other hand the Liberty is black and the guards are black which makes it less noticable

Bob

pre drilled? i had to drill new ones into mine...

Tom D

Reaction score
I just put them on last week. The fit is pretty good, but not perfect. The only problem I've noticed is that theres a small gap of about 1/8" along the top edge. Not enough to look bad, but definitely will allow crud to get wedged between the guard and the outside edge of the wheel well. I'm going to try some adhesive on them to get them to seal tight.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried some of that body side moulding double stick tape and it would not adhere to the splashguards, so I just left them alone, after a while you get used to the look, but I agree the fit is dissapointing.

Bob

Tom D

Reaction score
I don't think the doublesided tape will get it done for you. What you need is a tube of 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. I've used it for regluing the heavy-duty rubber strip that runs the length on each side of my Dodge Ram Van. It won't hurt your paint either if you ever decide to remove the guards. Here's a link:

http://www.autobarn.net/3mweatad5ozt.html