Moladoguy Greets Patriot

Do you like the looks and design of the Patriot?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the family Jeep Patriot. I would like to extend a nice warm welcome to you. You are small and fragile so us off-road JEEPS will protect your innocence. Good luck and hopefully you bring in some money so me and my brother JK can get more funds for future modifications and designs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Come on baby. Give me a Kiss!!!

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate to say it, but compared to the KK, I supposed I do like it.

It doesn't look so awful, and with a lift and chunky tyres (and a few extras) I think it could look quite good. Not typical Jeep stock, but not bad...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice evening pic's.

I like the looks of it.

Now, the trail rated version should be RWD, with a v6, and command or selec-trac.........

Dave

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think judging on looks alone, I like the body on it! Aren't they four cylinders though? I think? I could NEVER drive a 4 cylinder SUV.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to offend any Compass or Patriot owners, but they're front wheel drive "cars", with low ground clearance. Hardly worthy of wearing the Jeep badge. Several car magazines have already wrote about Jeep's newest offerings, DC is slowly ruining the Jeep brand. And for what it's worth, I agree. I'm very glad I have the KJ and TJ, I wouldn't even consider any of the newer models, including the stretched Wrangler....

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
haha, it's funny that the car mags / random people started to write the "DC is ruining Jeep" with the invention of the KJ. But other than that...

Oh my God, that thing is small... I used to like the Patriot, but then I really did realize how small it was. That and if I was going to buy a PM/MK, I'd rather have the Caliber.

Wow the approach angle on the Patriot *****. It's due to the FWD... gross.

Is anyone else seeing a little bit of "WJ Grand Cherokee" in picture #3?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, it's funny that the car mags / random people started to write the "DC is ruining Jeep" with the invention of the KJ. But other than that...
Yeah, a lot of ********* Jeepers still agree wth that statement. I too thought the same thing for awhile. My opinion quickly changed a couple of years ago when I met my buddy with his '05 KJ in Silverton, CO. He was able to follow me just about anywhere I took the TJ.

The KJ can go many places, but it's not a TJ. I'd say the KJ combines the best of both worlds... off road capability and comfort, which is not a bad thing at all.

On the other hand, the Compass and Patriot will never be able to keep up with the Liberty, much less the Wrangler, which IMO does nothing for the Jeep image or brand. They are just trying to sell more vehicles by badging them with the Jeep name. They should of marketed them as Chryslers, not Jeeps.

Well, I guess I just ticked off a bunch of Compass and Patriot owners, oh well....

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of ********* Jeepers still agree wth that statement. I too thought the same thing for awhile. My opinion quickly changed a couple of years ago when I met my buddy with his '05 KJ in Silverton, CO. He was able to follow me just about anywhere I took the TJ.

The KJ can go many places, but it's not a TJ. I'd say the KJ combines the best of both worlds... off road capability and comfort, which is not a bad thing at all.

On the other hand, the Compass and Patriot will never be able to keep up with the Liberty, much less the Wrangler, which IMO does nothing for the Jeep image or brand. They are just trying to sell more vehicles by badging them with the Jeep name. They should of marketed them as Chryslers, not Jeeps.

Well, I guess I just ticked off a bunch of Compass and Patriot owners, oh well....

Everything you are saying is correct. The KJ is very capable, and gets undeserved disrespect among ********* jeepers. But as you said it is a very good compromise and after all we do all drive on pavement most of the time.

The Compass and Patriot will get much more disrespect because of the jeep branding. The Compass is more of a rallye car and probably a good one. It is probably really meant to compete with Subi's and such.

The Patriot will be a little better off road than the Compass in 4wd options. Still primarily a street machine but with more off road capability. I like the looks of it. It's too bad the 4wd option was not RWD with a v6 and selec-trac (like the KJ). But I think one of the main reasons they were made was to help with CAFE numbers. Also, in reality, a lot of people buy jeeps and don't take them off road so it might appeal to them.

Overall, I think of it as more choices. They still kept the wrangler, now in JK form, with SFA etc, which I was concerned about initially. And I'll tell you. I saw a 2 door JK Rubi yesterday all dressed in black and wearing MTR's that stopped me in my tracks. It really looked awsome.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Comfort? What comfort? My seats suck, it rides like a mule wagon, and has a terrible seating position.

That Dodge Nitro I drove yesterday was the complete opposite, minus the terrible seating position, since it's still a Liberty after all. lol3.gif

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comfort? What comfort? My seats suck, it rides like a mule wagon, and has a terrible seating position.

. lol3.gif

Aaahhhhhh, your but must be off-center.............j/k...

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you've never ridden in a TJ, a YJ or a CJ. The Liberty is no luxary SUV, but I find it comfortable enough to drive 300 - 500 miles in one day just to go wheeling. Now the TJ would beat you up driving that distance. Ask me, been there and done that many times. In fact one of the reasons we bought the KJ was for it's comfort AND off road ability.

Next weekend we're driving the KJ 400 miles to meet my buddy from Colorado Springs to do some trails around Mexican Hat, UT... Monument Valley, AZ and the Valley of the God's, UT. Two days driving, two days playing in the dirt... it don't get much better than that.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next weekend we're driving the KJ 400 miles to meet my buddy from Colorado Springs to do some trails around Mexican Hat, UT... Monument Valley, AZ and the Valley of the God's, UT. Two days driving, two days playing in the dirt... it don't get much better than that.

Sounds like a fun trip. Don't forget to post pic's when you get back.

We're all addicted to Jeep **** here.

Dave

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That Dodge Nitro I drove yesterday was the complete opposite, minus the terrible seating position, since it's still a Liberty after all. lol3.gif

I hear a lot of people complain about the seats in the Liberty. I have no problem with mine, they're actually quite comfortable. I just find it weird...

As for they Patriot and Compas, it is just pure fugly!! lol...They do not deserve to wear the Jeep badge. To be considered a Jeep it has to have a transfer case and a rear axle, not a transaxle!

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip. Don't forget to post pic's when you get back. We're all addicted to Jeep **** here. Dave
Jeep **** ??? How did you know I wheel naked??? I guess if you wanna see an old fat guy naked, I'll post some pics later next week. We'll be gone Apr 21 - 24.

Remember You asked for the pics....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeep **** ??? How did you know I wheel naked??? I guess if you wanna see an old fat guy naked, I'll post some pics later next week. We'll be gone Apr 21 - 24.

Remember You asked for the pics....

hahaha......I was referring to THE JEEP.....ya know, maby "flexing" in Monument Valley or something.....hahaha

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If people don't like them, people don't have to buy them, but unless DC stops making wranglers, there is no way DC is ruining jeep name. If there was no KJ or redesigned grand cherokee, Jeep brand would have been as good as gone! Nobody would drive wrangler as their primary vehicle, unless they are truely fan of it, and the old cherokees and grand cherokees were too drafty to be the major competitor in SUV market. Now DC is taking Jeep to new level to compete with other cheaper vehicles.

Did they make a mess by replacing Liberty? I cannot tell unless I see and drive one. If the damn slack is gone in the new liberty and if it has just as powerful lo-gear, I might replace mine ONLY when it's time (100k miles?!?)

Jeep's got a thing, it's like a drug, you get used to it somehow.. Addictive..

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If people don't like them, people don't have to buy them, but unless DC stops making wranglers, there is no way DC is ruining jeep name.
Yes, you are 100% right, people don't have to buy them. Sadly most people never take their SUV's off road. All I'm saying is, the Compass and Patriot are cars with very little off road ability. They're grocery getters and not much else, maybe a dirt road now and then, but that's it. They add absolutely nothing to the Jeep brand or it's heritage....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, LTD and Sports or CRDs on KJ got different seats.

Latest posts

Members online