Mix n Match

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so

If i end up getting some OME (most likely medium) coils and the longer rancho struts, can i ALSO use the daystar spacers? I know if i was 4wd i'd be eating CV's for lunch, but being that those don't exist on my 2wd, and most likely adding in the rocky road or al's A arms, could that be done? As long as the length of the struts allows it, wouldn't i be looking at closer to 3.5 - 4 inches of lift in the front?

And as for the rear, I'd probly just go with the springs and a couple extra isolators. I dont mind having a slightly higher stance in the front than the rear, being that it's 2wd, and most rubbing would occur in the front anyways...

If my diabolical plans succeed I'll be tucking some 32x11.50s Mmmmmmmmm

Comments and insight from you wise old farts would be highly appreciated :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First there is no longer struts( shocks) for the front, Rears yes you need longer like the Rancho RSX 17004.
Its no problem getting 3.5 inches out of the springs and like you said since you don't have to worry about binding CVs you should be good to go.
If you are going with a aftermarket bumper later I would do HD springs but if not mediums would do

Should not be too hard for you to go to 32s as thats what 265-75-16s are. Also you could go lower gears in the 8.25 and make a sweet little ride

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No plans to go to a HD front bumper really.... Its not exactly a ******** rig. But just to clarify, you were saying the use of the daystar spacers and the OME mediums would work yes?

My mistake on the strut length... I hypothesized if there were longer shocks for the rear there were probably longer struts for the front. However upon closer inspection it looks like the daystar spacer kit's front plate relocates the top perch of the spring a bit farther up in conjunction to the travel of the strut, so realistically that daystar plate "lengthens" the struts a bit themselves. Anyways, I want a bad ass 2wd like texans. And the more planning I do now, the easier it will be come time to do it :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No can't use them together not even for a 2 wheel drive I don't think, that would be like a 5 inch lift or more I mean no problems as far as CVs but in getting it aligned even with JBA arms would be a problem

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that combo the suspension would be maxed out pretty much all the time. You could get the OME med springs and a .75in spacer though. Pretty much make a franken lift out of it. May also need the daystar upper plate. If you get the daystar upper plate then the stock arms would hit the springs at full droop but if you got Al's arms you would be good to go.

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Well then the rough draft setup looks something like this :

Front : OME Mediums, Rancho RSX 17505 Struts, Rocky Road A-Arms w/ Xtreme duty BJ's, OTT Spacer plate from the rusty's kit. Rear : Poly Spacer and shocks from the rusty's kit. Salt to Taste : Clevis in front, Isolators in rear. Insertbrandnamehere front bumpstops, DIY rears. All to the tune of about ~875$. Not too shabby.

(5) 15x7 White Cragar Nomads
(5) 32x11.50x15 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S

PS : I know the rusty rear shocks aren't the best, but for 60$ for a pair its hard to pass up over stock... at least for the time.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of it is OK some??? I would not run the Rustys rear shocks on a baby buggy even if they were free. You want a good ride don't you with no bangs , clanks, crashes?

Oh and so you know , Rustys still doesn't know where to drill holes in their plates so you have to ream them out. Crappy junk!

Last edited:

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats information that I wouldn't know until I flamed their customer service after the fact. Thanks for the info, Tom. I'll definitely reconsider the rusty's kit.