missing bump stops...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bajasoobnut

Reaction score
Hi, I have been having some hard bottoming out issues lately and looked underneath the rear today and saw that the bump stops are not even there. So, I am wondering, how are the bump stops mounted? Is it just pushed in? Or is it bolted in? I am planning to replace the rear springs and installing new bump stops just need to know if I will need to get hardware or what. Any help is gratefully accepted.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound like this thread needs a 'bump' I believe they are bolted in. Tommud should jump in any moment. He knows all about this sort of thing

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bajasoobnut

Reaction score
Ok, if they do get bolted in I will need to know what size, thread pitch and length of screw I will need to get and if it is a shcs or hex headed

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the bump stops on our Libertys are push on type. The trick to getting the shreds of the rear bumps stops out is to dig it out with a flat blade screw driver.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
rears can be a huge PITA at times to get out,
If lifting you'll need to install some bumpstops for the extra height as well
if just going stock then , mopar is it

bajasoobnut

Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys! The rear stops are totally gone, and better than soapy water is windex, dries quicker

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online