Mini LED MagLite 2-AA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally the new version to test out! High-Low-Blink- S.O.S. mode.
53887[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Comes with case & very handy camping or in the Jeep at all times!
Ya I bought 2 of them...:gr_grin:
Left it on last night on low for 12 hours, and it was still very bright on high!
Looks like we have a winner here!! :party52:
Btw instructions poor, you turn out the main end to activate light, then use the bottom to turn back & forth to activate high-low-blink & SOS mode.

Anyone else use these?

Attachments

• XdoVpNz.jpg
    XdoVpNz.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always liked those mini-mag lites and have the old type. They are a good size and you can slip them in a pocket or back-pack easily. The led ones are brighter/better I guess. That one has 97 lumens so it is much brighter than the old type. I would like one with even more lumens. Really bright.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The tactical type flashlights range generally from 100 to 250+ Lumens.
They use the more expensive 3x AAA batteries and wont last that long, but the lighting is way brighter.
53892[/ATTACH]']

This one by TechLite has 200 lumens.
I have had it for a few years, and as it has a battery monitor, ( the end caps glows red to tell you to change batteries) the batteries will go dead just by leaving them in there.
I have to store it with end cap off, if you expect to have any battery power left.
The Techlite can be bought at Home Depot or Costco for $20.
Overall, I think the New Maglite will conserve battery power well, and with 2AA, it is my new preferred replacement over the Tactical types.

Attachments

• 4K3kWvR.jpg
    4K3kWvR.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Librum

Reaction score
Old trick: With the old MM-AA ones, take some shrink tubing of correct size. Shrink on flash. Easy 'bite hold'. Add the add-on led head. Have four of these. Enough said?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Maglite 4D that I bought as a backup light and PDW back when I was a private patrol officer/Emergency Response. It was not the LED but worked quite well as a spotlight (Especially from my patrol truck). As my main light source I used a Foursevens Quark QK2A with all of their programming options. Fantastic little flash light that's I still carry to this day. Most of the paint is missing and its been used and abused but still works perfectly without issues. I love using it at night and when working on something and you need a lot of light. I plan on buying another if this one fails or goes missing. Can't beat the value and quality of the Maglite's especially if you plan on just leaving it in a vehicle in case of emergency ect.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/QK2A-AE-1234

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya your 336 lumens Quark must do the job well!
I gave away both of the 97 lumens Led Maglite's as gifts already!
Now on the hunt for better & brighter...in AA's.. :party52:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I now have a waterproof pocket sized single AA flashlight, that outperforms the 2 AA maglite in half the size!
Introducing the Fenix E12 $36 tax in, 130 Lumens, 3 power settings in 1 AA battery!
54091[/ATTACH]']

This thing is mental bright on high and very good on medium overall.
Don't shine it directly into others eyes, you will blind them especially on high!
Power time ratio, will need to get some NiMh rechargeables just for best running times!
Edit 2020: the Latest Fenix E12 now has 160 lumens & has a good belt clip.
54093[/ATTACH]']

Here is the 3 AAA tactical vs the way smaller Fenix E12 notice it is about a dime size, in diameter.
54095[/ATTACH]']

For 25$ I am going to buy the Duracell NIMh Ion SPeed 4000.
Comes with 2 AA and 2 AAA batteries, the two supplied AA batteries are 2400 mili amp hour which is very good.
54097[/ATTACH]']

Fenix info on E12 link: http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e12-led-flashlight/
They also make a 2AA tactical: E20 link: http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e20-2015-led-flashlight-no-shake/
Or how about a 1000 lumens 2AA ! Link: http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e25-led-flashlight-ultimate-edition-2015/

Attachments

• dfCNLmP.jpg
    dfCNLmP.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 0
  • lh3E7Ey.jpg
    lh3E7Ey.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 9bOneUf.jpg
    9bOneUf.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DBSMUAy.jpg
    DBSMUAy.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have experience with Fenix but have heard nothing but good things! Enjoy!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I got to use the Fenix E12 last night around the jeep in dark, with interior lights off.
The first thing I noticed, one click on always starts on low, and low actually was fine and didn't hurt your night vision, interesting.
Of course Medium brightness was very good and high would only be used in woods.
The fact that it is so small and easy to work with picking up stuff or even under hood connecting a charger was a breeze, with the short, mini lightweight flashlight.
Compared to the longer 2 AA flashlights, this Fenix is great/easy to work with.:gr_grin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
5 years later & have not needed another flashlight until now.
This is the perfect shop flashlight & also comes with me in the jeep.

Yes this Rayovac 2 X "D" sized flashlight is rubberized & can be dropped from 30 feet. It is built like a tank.
Features a Cree LED-320 lumens, high & low setting.
It is crazy bright on high, so for most applications the lower power is still very bright.
Beam distance is almost 1000 feet, It's also water resistant.
It's rated at 16 hours on high & 160 hours on low.
Very comfortable in hand, grip is perfect. I am very impressed with this flashlight overall.
As it takes 2x "D" batteries it's got a bit of weight to it. Good as a bonker as well ! ;)
Rayovac Model # is DIY2D-BC

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I can't own a rayovac flashlight. My fishing captain had one on the boat he was always sending me to get. I had to squint up close to see if it was on. The only flashlight I ever named, "Glimmer".

I got him a nice waterproof Pelican and he took it home so I got a bunch of the cheapo led oval lights and scattered them all over. Kept finding them on since the switch goes off-bigarray-smallarray.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a cool story! Yes the old days of incandescent glimmer.
My New Rayovac is a huge upgrade, & my first D sized cree LED.
The push button switch is on the bottom of the new Rayovac, & recessed, so it can't unintentionally come on.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd also like to mention there is a great new AA Battery on the block that has 6 X the power & now can handle the cold weather!!
Introducing Energizer "Ultimate Lithium" = outstanding, about time!

I bought a 12 pack and they are super light weight, leak proof etc.

Out of the box voltage was 1.7v and two weeks later continuous use in optical mouse still at 1.6v
Tech Sheet here: https://data.energizer.com/pdfs/l91.pdf

Latest posts

Members online